Toy Story 5 (2026) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story 5 (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it's worth, I think if they had a decent idea for a Toy Story sequel after TS4, I don't know if they would've gone the Lightyear route of making spin-off franchises. But maybe that mess was just the Post-Endgame, 2019-era Disney getting a bit too confident that any Superhero film they make with Chris Evans starring will make billions.
Lightyear was all Chapek.

Omg. I'm so in for this. I love Andrew Stanton so much. He's arguably the best director at Pixar so hell yes! I wasn't at all excited before but the fact he's back for this film has sold me.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
From the image, I was under the impression that Toy Story 5 would be about toys vs. modern tech, which honestly isn't a bad angle. Then, I heard that they announced an army of 500 malfunctioning Buzz lightyears would be the villain, and now I'm confused. Sooo...is this going to be about toys vs modern tech or not? If not, I just lost interest (again).

From the image, I was under the impression that Toy Story 5 would be about toys vs. modern tech, which honestly isn't a bad angle. Then, I heard that they announced an army of 500 malfunctioning Buzz lightyears would be the villain, and now I'm confused. Sooo...is this going to be about toys vs modern tech or not? If not, I just lost interest (again).
We don’t know that the army of Buzz are a main villain, possibly just a side villain. I do think the premise of the toys getting forgotten in the digital age has a ton of promise.

Also, is it possible we’re could move on from Bonnie here to potentially Andy’s son/daughter (at least by the end)? It would be a big full circle moment.