Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thoughts on them having restricted access into the land like Pandora did when they first opened...? With Star Wars Land not opening until late next year I could see this land getting quite crowded with only 1 exit.

From a CM friend of mine:

"Slinky Dog Dash Review:
How many times did you ride? 4!
Was it a long or short coaster? Long if you ask me
Fast? Yes.
Is it like Goofys coaster? Absolutely not?
Queue line? So cool! It’s the details!!
How many trains did they run at a time? 5
1f633.png

The land itself? It looos adorably awesome
Overall: it was freakin awesome. I’m not a big coaster guy, but my gosh it was so cool from the launches and dips and the sounds the coaster makes while riding it from start to end I absolutely loved it. "

And now another CM friend of mine:

"Got to do Slinky Dog today for the cast preview. My comprehensive review is.... MEH. Between barnstormer and RnR. Awesome theming, I like the ride it's just not awesome."

I'm sure it will be very popular, but I have a feeling that popularity will be problematic for such a small land with only two new attractions.

Last edited:
my nephew who is a CM at DHS just texted me that he rode SDD
he said it was not bad for a family ride

he also said obviously the themeing isnt on Pandora's level but it was much more themed than he thought it would be

The land is much more colorful than he concept art showed and I’m really liking that. Too bad it’ll be faded in 2-4 years lol!!!

So i'm finding it moderately easy to grab a FP+ for Saucers (was able to snag one for 3 people on July 7th and 4 people on the 18th), but it's next to impossible to grab a Slinky FP.

Looking on the bright side of that though, all of the TSL FPs being tier 1 allows you to easily grab RNRC and ToT FPs pretty much whenever now. This also may (ever so slightly) ease the demand for a SDMT FP. Even if it's a different park, it's the same demographic and a popular IP. Could take some of the pressure off of it just a bit.

On the downside, since these new rides are low capacity and DHS will only have 6 rides, wait times will be a mess until the park finally gets some capacity back with SW:GE and MMRR next year... but even then, those additions will just cause massive crowding, again resulting in long waits (with the only exit of SWGE being right through TSL).

Didn't stop Disney when treating Primeval Land was concerned for DAK.
Huh?

he said it was not bad for a family ride

Which is all it needs to be. 7D level and that’s it s fine

he also said obviously the themeing isnt on Pandora's level but it was much more themed than he thought it would be

Lol... no kidding. Pandora or Africa are arguably WDWs most themed land they’ve ever made. No one should expect

How many trains did they run at a time? 5
1f633.png
Wow. That’s pretty impressive. Maybe it’ll only be 180 Min waits instead of 220.

"Got to do Slinky Dog today for the cast preview. My comprehensive review is.... MEH. Between barnstormer and RnR. Awesome theming, I like the ride it's just not awesome."
This will likely be the average review and mine as well. But for those under 44”- it’ll likely be one of, if not the best roller coaster they’ve ever ridden. Which the parents and families will love.

These reviews are pretty much exactly what I expected. Now what I really want to hear about are the HP ones. Get ready for a lot of exclamation marks.