Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

Just returned from my first visit to TSL. This might be my favourite land in any Disney park. A close second to Frontierland at the very least.

Fantastic themeing throughout and just fab to walk through and look around. Slinky Dog is the best coaster in WDW in my opinion and so much fun to ride. Had a seat in the second from back row and I have heard the further back you are the better.

Woody's Lunchbox was delicious as well. Had the S'mores sandwich and the raspberry tart which were so tasty and I would order again.
My wife had the breakfast bowl and said it was delicious too. Pretty reasonably priced too, for Disney food.

Whole place looks great in the dark too at 6.30am!

Just returned from my first visit to TSL. This might be my favourite land in any Disney park. A close second to Frontierland at the very least.

Fantastic themeing throughout and just fab to walk through and look around. Slinky Dog is the best coaster in WDW in my opinion and so much fun to ride. Had a seat in the second from back row and I have heard the further back you are the better.

Woody's Lunchbox was delicious as well. Had the S'mores sandwich and the raspberry tart which were so tasty and I would order again.
My wife had the breakfast bowl and said it was delicious too. Pretty reasonably priced too, for Disney food.

I just spewed soda all over my computer screen.

Really? What would you rank higher? I used to say it was RnRC that was top, but it was a real head rattler this trip.
I rode Slinky for the first time recently and I thought it was a much better ride than I thought it would be. Probably the best coaster experience maybe second or third. I liked Mine train a lot but thought it was short. RnRC is terrible. Everest it maybe my top. but Yeah a great land and great ride.

Really? What would you rank higher? I used to say it was RnRC that was top, but it was a real head rattler this trip.

Everest, RnRC, Big Thunder. You know something is wrong when Cobra's Curse (at Busch Gardens) does everything better when compared to Slinky. Theming, ride experience, queue and all. Kinda depressing.

That being said, I respect your opinion.

Everest, RnRC, Big Thunder. You know something is wrong when Cobra's Curse (at Busch Gardens) does everything better when compared to Slinky. Theming, ride experience, queue and all. Kinda depressing.

That being said, I respect your opinion.

RnRC used to be my number 1, but it was awful this trip. So uncomfortable. I can't do Thunder because it crushed my knees (very tall) and Everest just never did anything for me. I do get why people love it though

I think you are the first person ever to think Toy Story Land is the best land in a Disney park.

I think you are the first person ever to think Toy Story Land is the best land in a Disney park.

Honestly, and this may be a hot take here but, I think that for the obvious budget cut$ that it went through, the land is a pretty decent value (ignoring the shade issue which still wasn't fixed when I was there in Jan).

Finally got to visit TSL. A friend of mine has been with Slinky since before it opened (he did test and adjust), so I got to ride it twice in a row. It's fun, not anything like super special. I mean what does it say about a ride when your favorite part is when it rolls backward to simulate the winding up car toys you had as a kid (or whatever you call them)