Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

The only FP I was able to get for my soon to be vacation at WDW was a ride at night, which I'm looking forward too. It was tough in the sun when I rode it last year...Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:

The only time I rode it was a night. It was a good ride. It isn't very dark, obviously, but still a good ride. Should be far more beautiful with SWL lit up. The lighting package on the coaster is really eye-catching but you don't notice it when you're on the coaster. Still, I envy your FP+.

The only time I rode it was a night. It was a good ride. It isn't very dark, obviously, but still a good ride. Should be far more beautiful with SWL lit up. The lighting package on the coaster is really eye-catching but you don't notice it when you're on the coaster. Still, I envy your FP+.
Couldn't get the FP+ until my 65th day. FP+ is soooo screwed up. If I was staying at Disney for a 4 day trip, I wouldn't have been able to get one. And this is mid November, a slow week before Thanksgiving week.

Finally rode Slinky today, managed to bag a fastpass late last night for 10AM today (11th).

It’s okay, I don’t love it or hate it. I would have been irritated if I had waited the posted 90 minute wait.

Finally rode Slinky today, managed to bag a fastpass late last night for 10AM today (11th).

It’s okay, I don’t love it or hate it. I would have been irritated if I had waited the posted 90 minute wait.
Yes, it's worth a 15-20 minute wait.Nice little, interesting theme coaster, but certainly not a great coaster...definitely not worth an hour or two wait, especially in the hot sun queue during the day. ...Good for a fastpass ride though.

Yes, it's worth a 15-20 minute wait.Nice little, interesting theme coaster, but certainly not a great coaster...definitely not worth an hour or two wait, especially in the hot sun queue during the day. ...Good for a fastpass ride though.

Yeah, we waited nearly 80 minutes for it at night (daytime might have been brutal). It was last year and we couldn't get FP+ for it. Like you said, a nice coaster and good at what it was supposed to do. Just enjoyable but not thrilling for an adult who rides high speed coasters frequently. One thing waiting in line did was reaffirm my hatred for the FP+ system.

Best part was that Toy Story Mania only had about a five to ten minute wait after we exited and so we rode Mania three times in quick succession. Just prior to the park closing.

I rode it 4 times on my last trip. 3 during EMH with 15 min waits each time and a 30 min wait at night. It was a fireworks ride which was great. I enjoyed the coaster more than I thought I would. Fun ride for sure.

I enjoyed TSL much more in November 2019 then when I first experienced it in September 2018. The lack of deep shade in that hot humid Florida air is a killer. But with no hot sun beating down on us in November, the land and rides were pretty damn good. Alene loved Slinky. We even tried Alien Saucers, which may well be the shortest ride on earth with the slowest moving stand by line ever. Nice ride for the shorter than minute time. Basically it felt like the old tyme Whip ride, just dressed up in fancy clothes. There's lots to watch and look at in the land. Plenty of kinetic energy too. Good photo ops everywhere & super colorful, especially at night.

I enjoyed TSL much more in November 2019 then when I first experienced it in September 2018. The lack of deep shade in that hot humid Florida air is a killer. But with no hot sun beating down on us in November, the land and rides were pretty damn good. Alene loved Slinky. We even tried Alien Saucers, which may well be the shortest ride on earth with the slowest moving stand by line ever. Nice ride for the shorter than minute time. Basically it felt like the old tyme Whip ride, just dressed up in fancy clothes. There's lots to watch and look at in the land. Plenty of kinetic energy too. Good photo ops everywhere & super colorful, especially at night.
To be honest nobody should ever go to these parks during the summer. It’s literal insanity with that heat.

To be honest nobody should ever go to these parks during the summer. It’s literal insanity with that heat.
Agreed. I would never even set foot in the state of Florida in the summer. We have relatives in the Venice area that constantly make excuses to visit family here in the summer for extended stays in this area.

Agreed. I would never even set foot in the state of Florida in the summer. We have relatives in the Venice area that constantly make excuses to visit family here in the summer for extended stays in this area.
Well I actually live in Miami. So I’m used to the heat. But I know better. Going to a theme park waiting in those lines in the heat is just asking for it. Even for myself a Floridian is a big no. I’ve always felt that November is the best month ever to visit. It’s colder, the Halloween stuff is over, Christmas overlays are already everywhere, and it’s never as busy as October or December. It’s basically a win-win all around.

Well I actually live in Miami. So I’m used to the heat. But I know better. Going to a theme park waiting in those lines in the heat is just asking for it. Even for myself a Floridian is a big no. I’ve always felt that November is the best month ever to visit. It’s colder, the Halloween stuff is over, Christmas overlays are already everywhere, and it’s never as busy as October or December. It’s basically a win-win all around.
Yeah. We did first week of December last year & mid November this year. Even though it was a bit chilly for a few days because of that nationwide cold front, parks are so much more fun to tour when you're not drained by the sun. We also do May every year. It's not bad since generally the hot humid rains don't hit us that early. Temps get mid 80's but that's good weather to hit the pool mid afternoon. We're rarely in the parks between noon and 4;00 when we go in May. That's one of the main reasons we like Universal so much. it's so easy to leave and return to the parks. The Skyway is going to do the same for DHS & Epcot if one stays at Pop, AA or Carib. Beach. The very fast and easy travel on those gave it a Universal on site hotel feel. The time is so fast, with a nice breeze in the cabins, that I wouldn't worry about the heat.