Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Just today was what IU implied.

Closed longer than a day would surprise me. However, I'm guessing this has to do with a VTU being down. It was forced upon them. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
At the park today, transformers is under refurbishment.

I was at the park and it was closed.  I expect this is an unexpected repair to the VTU system.  

Just today was what IU implied.

Closed longer than a day would surprise me. However, I'm guessing this has to do with a VTU being down. It was forced upon them. Hmm...

I am planning to visit again tomorrow.  We shall see.

Can't believe I forgot to post this, but the strangest occupancy happened to me on my last ride on Transformers. 

As soon as my vehicle entered the final elevator, the motion and audio stopped. The car turned around to the back of the elevator so we stared at the back of the elevator while we're moving down the next floor. The ride just slowly went through completely mute back to the station. It was weird. Any idea why that happens? After going on the ride a gagillion times, I think it's pretty cool that happened to me. 

As soon as my vehicle entered the final elevator, the motion and audio stopped. The car turned around to the back of the elevator so we stared at the back of the elevator while we're moving down the next floor. The ride just slowly went through completely mute back to the station. It was weird. Any idea why that happens? After going on the ride a gagillion times, I think it's pretty cool that happened to me. 

This sounds like a vehicle fault mid-ride resulting in the vehicle going into the default position. When this happens, your RV faces the same direction as it would when unloading and loading. Since the final VTU screens face opposite, that's why you faced the back. This is rare and sometimes unexplainable. Usually means that the door got loose during the ride or something distrupted its cycle.

Just went on Transformers again today and guess what....THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. Same scene too. The cars stopped and switched to default after the last elevator. Weird. 

The Transformers Ride breaks down SO MUCH! I remember it breaking down on January 2nd, along with 2 other times I went on it. It is really frustrating because all that Universal gives you for compensation is a pack of jelly beans and a free carnival game (when the Flinstones still had their carnival)

This sounds like a vehicle fault mid-ride resulting in the vehicle going into the default position. When this happens, your RV faces the same direction as it would when unloading and loading. Since the final VTU screens face opposite, that's why you faced the back. This is rare and sometimes unexplainable. Usually means that the door got loose during the ride or something distrupted its cycle.

You know what, Looking back at your post, I recall the door in my vehicle rattling so it was probably a loose door. It was vehicle number 15 that this happened. 

After riding Guardians of the Galaxy and noticing how that ride uses screenz, it makes this ride look a bit outdated. I imagine once Battle Escape at Galaxy's Edge opens, this will really make the screen use look dated. Do you think they'll do anything to address that?

After riding Guardians of the Galaxy and noticing how that ride uses screenz, it makes this ride look a bit outdated. I imagine once Battle Escape at Galaxy's Edge opens, this will really make the screen use look dated. Do you think they'll do anything to address that?

I have to hope that with a potential exterior upgrade, they will address the projectors by then. But that as much as I do love Transformers - The Ride, I do agree when you look more to Hogsmeade strangely enough.

As much as I agree, and a bit off topic... they've got to do SOMETHING about Simpsons and do it QUICK before Transformers! The projections/ screens aged BADLY!

Last edited:
Honestly, I agree with a few people here that the Simpsons ride is already outdated by nine years, especially the projections is still used with early 2000s technology. In addition, the Simpson TV show isn't just as funny today as I used to in the 1990s and early to mid 2000s. Unfortunately, they just expand the Simpsons land with Moe's Tavern a few years ago so it's hard to justify removing it.