Transportation back to iDrive late at Night after HHN? | Inside Universal Forums

Transportation back to iDrive late at Night after HHN?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 26, 2022
Hello everybody!
I am not a newbie to Universal Orlando, but I have never been to HHN and my last visit was 15 years ago.

Back in the early 00s I have been using the iDrive Trolley and walked from iDrive down Universal Blvd. to City Walk.

This year will be the first time I am going to HHN and I wonder how to get back to iDrive? We are not staying far away from Universal Orlando, but I believe it is not save to walk down Universal Blvd. back to iDrive late at night (not even for some adults)? What are safe ways to get back to our hotel?

Thanks for any tips and tricks.
Rj

I didn't even think about hotel shuttles. I don't think I would take a Universal bus if I wasn't staying at one of the hotels just because the line to get on the buses back can be long enough with just people actually staying at those hotels.

I bet it would be $20 but yeah that is what I would do unless staying at the uni hotels over there then I would see about a shuttle

I think you are right about it being about $20. I've Ubered from Universal property to Disney Springs a few times and it was around $30 for that, so $20 seems accurate.

I didn't even think about hotel shuttles. I don't think I would take a Universal bus if I wasn't staying at one of the hotels just because the line to get on the buses back can be long enough with just people actually staying at those hotels.
I would just use Uber or Lyft, the hotel shuttles mostly suck and only run at certain times. Make sure you research all the different shuttle options.

I also wouldn't necessarily trust any of the cab services from hotels. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Garden Express right across I4 and at a not quite busy time (HHN entry) we were charged $20+. Mind you this was like 10 years ago. The trip back I think cost us $5 with a normal yellow cab from the transportation hub

Hey everybody!
Thanks for all the answers.

Do you think a group of adults (at least two or three) could walk back to IDrive by foot at night?
Our hotel is not far away from the iRide Trolley Stop next to the bridge to UO. At day I never had a problem going by foot to UO, but I am not sure about evenings or at night.

We are thinking about getting the Fear Pass (or however it is called) and visit HHN for three or four nights just for a couple of hours (maybe 3-4 each night). So walking back could be an option I guess and it's much cheaper than getting a cab each night.

Hey everybody!

Do you think a group of adults (at least two or three) could walk back to IDrive by foot at night?
Our hotel is not far away from the iRide Trolley Stop next to the bridge to UO. At day I never had a problem going by foot to UO, but I am not sure about evenings or at night.

We are thinking about getting the Fear Pass (or however it is called) and visit HHN for three or four nights just for a couple of hours (maybe 3-4 each night). So walking back could be an option I guess and it's much cheaper than getting a cab each night.
Yeah you can walk, I suspect you will have plenty of company as others make their way back so lots of drunks but it's night in Otown so normal. I wouldn't worry about the safety beyond normal awareness

Hey everybody!

Could you not just split it so each of you only pays for one Uber each? The last thing you’ll want to be doing after a long night of walking, standing, possibly drinking, etc. is have to go that far. Plus you’ll have to walk along the Universal Blvd I-4 overpass and honestly I dont know if there’s even a sidewalk there.

Reactions: MI1287
Hey everybody!

If you've done it before during the day and your only concern is that it's at night, I would say there's no reason not to other than personally I would not walk that far after walking a park and standing in line for hours.

I'll add the disclaimer that random acts of crime can happen anywhere at any time and I'm guessing more crime happens at midnight than noon, but a block or two either side of Universal Blvd. on I-Drive isn't an inherently high risk location.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Semi-related question, but what happens if you leave your car overnight in the main garage? It get towed or do you have a chance to get it the next morning? We are staying off site and driving, but could see having a few too many and deciding to Uber back to the hotel. I'm sure cars get left nightly there, but didn't know what the procedure was.

Semi-related question, but what happens if you leave your car overnight in the main garage? It get towed or do you have a chance to get it the next morning? We are staying off site and driving, but could see having a few too many and deciding to Uber back to the hotel. I'm sure cars get left nightly there, but didn't know what the procedure was.
Its been a long time since I or anyone I know has done it, but generally they would just put a sticker or something on it saying you need to move it the next day. If you are a repeat offender I expect they would be less kind about it. Basically they have to care for people that drank more than they meant to and are unable to make it home so they get a hotel that night or something.

Many a time have I thought about doing this because its super frustrating that with an AP, one could park in the parking lot for far less than the parking charge at any of the hotels.

Reactions: fryoj
I can't speak for others, but I have a bunch of Marriott points I need to use up. Free hotel for the week essentially.

Reactions: Skipper Justin