Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just arrived in Orlando today, I'm about to head out to IOA and was looking forward to Trike. Crying now! :'(

While I am still not sure of it being totally done for 2011 its fate overall is currently being decided and looks dreary.

Should be closed again Jan 2nd or so.

I want this attraction to be open year round.
You know if the experience had a climactic Raptor experience like the old Alien Encounter, but kept the beginning to meeting the Trike I would probably check this out more..This was a little nostalgic to check out the time I saw it, but I've never really liked it...seeing as it takes up quite a bit of space...I do love the creativity to it don't get me wrong..I just feel it could be more..
p.s. while writing this I couldn't stop thinking of the Mr. Hammond I think we're back in buisness scene...still such a great scene

You know if the experience had a climactic Raptor experience like the old Alien Encounter, but kept the beginning to meeting the Trike I would probably check this out more..This was a little nostalgic to check out the time I saw it, but I've never really liked it...seeing as it takes up quite a bit of space...I do love the creativity to it don't get me wrong..I just feel it could be more..
p.s. while writing this I couldn't stop thinking of the Mr. Hammond I think we're back in buisness scene...still such a great scene

My first ever post on here was a detailed description of a JP coaster design and theme I created and the climax scene was that very one. Can you imagine a scene like that set up like the Revenge of The Mummy beetle room?

So a YouTuber called ThemeParkVigilante (as if that doesn't tell you enough :sneaky:) apparently snuck into the dormant Triceratops Encounter area and took a pretty lengthy look around the place. I was almost amazed that he seemed to get off scott free for doing this as I would be beyond scared and morally never could dream of taking such a risk against the rules. One of the Triceratops even had its skin somewhat off so that you could see the mechanics underneath.

[video=youtube;t5E5GvoMKBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5E5GvoMKBU[/video]

So a YouTuber called ThemeParkVigilante (as if that doesn't tell you enough :sneaky:) apparently snuck into the dormant Triceratops Encounter area and took a pretty lengthy look around the place. I was almost amazed that he seemed to get off scott free for doing this as I would be beyond scared and morally never could dream of taking such a risk against the rules. One of the Triceratops even had its skin somewhat off so that you could see the mechanics underneath.

[video=youtube;t5E5GvoMKBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5E5GvoMKBU[/video]

Really awesome. Love the footage of the trikes without their skins, despite how depressing it is. I wonder why one of the Trike heads was sitting in one of the other pens?

Something tells me there's a very slight chance of this being publicity... why was the computer on? Flashing red lights? Seriously a lot of confidence with NO fears of being caught (or at least keeping it down while he was in there?)

Something tells me there's a very slight chance of this being publicity... why was the computer on? Flashing red lights? Seriously a lot of confidence with NO fears of being caught (or at least keeping it down while he was in there?)

Add to that the ladder in the queue and the way he words his sentences... Eh...

When was the last time this was open... that looked very messed up for it to have been recently. On the other hand, I saw the inside of one of the paddocks in 1999 and there were guys working on the trike... snapped a very blurry photo... but the whole paddock was a mess and looked like a flea market garage.

Something tells me there's a very slight chance of this being publicity... why was the computer on? Flashing red lights?

There is a lot to be said for not knowing any better; at least you don't look suspicious. His other videos are quite pedestrian so I think it is real. Lights and computer on don't really shock me... different parts of the park are on specific breakers and Trike might be on the same as something nearby. The computer was a bit odd... would have at least expected a screensaver, but who knows.

Last edited:
That commentary was so cringeworthy. Does he not know it opens seasonally during peak times? :lol: "We might be the first humans to have been here ever.." "You can tell by the leaves on the ground that it's been months.. years since anyone's been back here"

Taken by an employee in the early morning me thinks. Whats the announcement in the background at 4:22??? Sounds like an early morning park wide announcement. Regardless though this was not a publicity stunt and was ballsy.

Reactions: Cwoolboy