Tron: Ares | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Tron: Ares

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
hoping the film isn't just more Tron 2 because we tried that and while people like how it looked the film didn't work
It didn't work? Um.. how? There's this thing called story, set-up, foreshadowing. Tron Legacy was perfectly as a sequel & stand-alone film
Disney is not in the best place to be putting out a good film.
No. I'm pretty sure they are definitely in the best place to put out a good film. If it wasn't good, it'd flop. Therefore they'd lose money. If it's good, people will see it & they'll make more money.

The real problem is, they dropped the ball with not getting a sequel made years ago, resulting in having a new cast. And if Cillian Murphy isn't back, it's already off to a bad start story wise.

It didn't work? Um.. how? There's this thing called story, set-up, foreshadowing. Tron Legacy was perfectly as a sequel & stand-alone film

No. I'm pretty sure they are definitely in the best place to put out a good film. If it wasn't good, it'd flop. Therefore they'd lose money. If it's good, people will see it & they'll make more money.

The real problem is, they dropped the ball with not getting a sequel made years ago, resulting in having a new cast. And if Cillian Murphy isn't back, it's already off to a bad start story wise.
Money wise

it made 400 million and cost 170.....per box office people you double the budget and everything past that is real profits if 60 million is considered a success then cool but to me feels like under what Disney wanted

Also as a film its good but, I still prefer the first film, the second film has some pacing issues and most side characters are meh. It to me in nooooo way is a perfect sequel, compared to BTTF2, Toy Story 2, Winter solider, Empire Strikes back, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss and Boots 2, Shrek 2 those all are pretty much perfect sequels

People talk about Tron 2 because of the score and look.

I just don't feel any hype towards this sequel. It should've happened 10 years ago with Garrett Hedlund, not Jared Leto. Also the filming outside seems odd considering the suits don't exist outside of the Grid. *sigh*

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best

I think that’s a pretty rough release date for a film like this. October tends to lean forwards horror/villain films (Joker and Venom films being some of the highest grossing of the month).

Maybe this film will surprise, but I just see it failing in that slot. I feel like they should’ve held off until March 2026 for spring break crowds.

Besides the date....Does Disney not want to grab younger talent proven to draw people?

Like no joke timothée chalamet would draw soooooooo many people into this film if he was the main character but.....Jarod Leto the guy with like 3 or 4 flops in a row?

I hope it works out but I feel like Disney needs to get bigger younger stars like jenna ortega or Anya Taylor-Joy