TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
tron%2Barcade.jpg

Tron WAS planned for Epcot...

It's still very funny to me that something like Tron gets a ride but there is a slew of Pixar and Disney animated films that have been slept on

Someone help it make sense
They were designing the attraction around the time the new film was coming out. They thought it was going to be a huge hit. It did okay, but barely broke even, even if it did make $400M WW. Once they settled upon the moterbike coaster for the attraction it was a TRON became the no-brainer pick to theme it to, especially with how futuristic the new style of lightcycles looked and how popular the Daft Punk score was for the ride as well. Sometimes a film stumbles into getting a ride because it's perfect for the concept.
-------------------
Not much of a post-show, just a Green lightcycle on display with some other stuff, including a graphic that includes the project name, 'MK2', which only makes us think back to what MK1 was - the fallen Main Street Theater.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT
They were designing the attraction around the time the new film was coming out. They thought it was going to be a huge hit. It did okay, but barely broke even, even if it did make $400M WW. Once they settled upon the moterbike coaster for the attraction it was a TRON became the no-brainer pick to theme it to, especially with how futuristic the new style of lightcycles looked and how popular the Daft Punk score was for the ride as well. Sometimes a film stumbles into getting a ride because it's perfect for the concept.
-------------------
Not much of a post-show, just a Green lightcycle on display with some other stuff, including a graphic that includes the project name, 'MK2', which only makes us think back to what MK1 was - the fallen Main Street Theater.
Two years later Disney would get Star Wars...and we could've gotten a Speederbike coaster instead :(

09e12a95f2ce62ce-600x338.jpg

Reactions: tielo

Weird.

Disney must have been contractually obligated to provide a certain amount of space to Enterprise... though it's not even really promoting Enterprise's services, so perhaps not? It's just hard to believe Disney wouldn't have preferred to use that square footage for a new shop instead of forcing everyone into the former Light & Power Company store, which is presumably where the TRON merch will be sold. With Space Mountain exiting there, it will probably be pretty crowded.

Weird.

Disney must have been contractually obligated to provide a certain amount of space to Enterprise... though it's not even really promoting Enterprise's services, so perhaps not? It's just hard to believe Disney wouldn't have preferred to use that square footage for a new shop instead of forcing everyone into the former Light & Power Company store, which is presumably where the TRON merch will be sold. With Space Mountain exiting there, it will probably be pretty crowded.
Was probably contractual. Shanghai has a sponsor and a similar type of sponsored thing, although not the same. Their sponsor is Chevrolet anyway. This sponsorship deal seems more recent and encompasses multiple attractions as Enterprise also recently started sponsoring the Peoplemover, which is probably why we got a new narration.

Reactions: belloq87
I find the menu fascinating as they haven't really tried to be too creative with the offerings at MK.

Just waiting for the day they turn Tomorrowland Terrace into a bar.

I find the menu fascinating as they haven't really tried to be too creative with the offerings at MK.

That's what I like about it. MK's savory snack options could use some more variety.

Just waiting for the day they turn Tomorrowland Terrace into a bar.

I'll just take anything that operates year-round in that space.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX

I love the Jacket, the merch makes me want Tron in some form here at Disneyland

I will be spending some money on some of that retro-inspired merchandise.

Disney really should create a handheld version of the TRON arcade game to sell, as well.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Reactions: Skold