TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Expect VQ to sell out in less than 10 seconds, if that. I'm sure it will be a repeat of MMRR's opening weekend at DL. There will be only 700 VQ slots for the entire day but plenty of paid LL slots to ride.
Tbh, I'm kinda hoping for that (at least for the soft opening). Virtual queue sells out in seconds anyways. Lightning Lane would allow me to pick a time.

I heard virtual queue was gone in seconds this morning.

Someone online (can't remember who, but I wish I did to give them credit) pointed out that at $20 per person if they sell 9,000 Lightning Lanes a day they make $180,000 each day which between now and when the ride is scheduled to open means $1.5 million in pure profit.

So, if they do this with every new ride they introduce, they can make the attractions pay for themselves with this model, if they would simply invest in new attractions.

I heard virtual queue was gone in seconds this morning.

Someone online (can't remember who, but I wish I did to give them credit) pointed out that at $20 per person if they sell 9,000 Lightning Lanes a day they make $180,000 each day which between now and when the ride is scheduled to open means $1.5 million in pure profit.

So, if they do this with every new ride they introduce, they can make the attractions pay for themselves with this model, if they would simply invest in new attractions.
Lightning Lane was gone really fast too. I doubt there's many LL's being sold.

Capacity is about 1600 per hour-- they can easily be selling thousands of LLs a day. People have been willing to pay for the new ride.

If it can sell that many LLs every day for at least the first year + the preview weeks, you're looking at roughly $68M in revenue generated that's mostly pure profit for the first 365 days + two preview weeks. This is a ride that is rumored to have cost $400M+ so that's a nice chunk of change to get back in the first year.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
My last day at WDW was supposed to be Sunday but I moved my resvation to Monday and did Uni on Sunday. I knew I needed a ILL because I couldn’t trust getting a VQ and since it was my only chance I decided to stay on property by booking All Star even though I am staying at the Royal Pacific. A 200 room plus the 40 ILL later I go a morning ride on tron. Tried for the morning VQ but didn’t get it amd if I wasnt on property I wouldn’t be able to get a ILL. Stupid rules require stupid solutions. Was it worth paying. No but it was a choice I made so I could ride trom befor I leave. Also got a second ride via the 1:00 PM drop.

Reactions: Clive
So about half of Tron's daily ride capacity.

Amazing how they can get away with this.

People complaining about it on one hand and then rewarding them by paying to ride it anyway. It sucks. Said it before, but whether it's the Lightning Lane system at Disney parks or a FOTL pass at HHN to everything similar in between, it's frustrating that people buy them because they hate long lines while overlooking the fact that buying into these systems is creating the very lines they're paying to avoid. And I totally get the, "Well, this is my one time I'm going to be here, so I have to experience X, Y, and Z" argument, but at the same time, now that people are conditioned to paying extra costs to ride things that should just be open standby for everybody like they used to be, companies are never gonna put that genie back in the bottle knowing that no amount of complaining about the system is gonna stop the overwhelming majority of people from rejecting it. We all saw how breezy lines were in that tiny little post-lockdown window where parks weren't fleecing people with all sorts of paid fast passes and lightning lanes and it wasn't yet a game of apps and virtual queues, but now that time's reduced to a nice little memory of what could be, replaced by a polar opposite reality where just to ride something like Tron has to be an intentional hassle for the sake of squeezing out some more dough.

1) I wish this had a more interesting layout so..
2) ...This wouldn't be a Vekoma motorbike coaster
3) The ride time is perfect, and I don't want to be in those seats one second longer

Is there any basis for that 9000 LL number or just wild speculation?

I have no idea if that number is accurate since it's both ludicrous yet entirely possible. That's roughly half of the day's total capacity for the attraction, which from my experience is something very similar to what Disney has used for Rise, Guardians, etc. on some days.

If they could reduce that number by like 80% and increase prices, I wouldn't mind the system.

Just got off my first ride about 30 minutes ago. I don't think I've ever been this disappointed over a ride before. Maybe that'll change upon re-ride, but I doubt it. The only good things about it are the launch, the soundtrack, and the canopy at night. That's it.

Finally got on this and have overall mixed feelings.

The Good: The launch was great—I love Velocicoaster but I’d say this launch edges that one out. When you think you’ve hit top speed it just gets faster and faster. I also thought the indoor part was surprisingly thrilling and not nearly as dull as I expected. But, I’m not sure if that’s because I had expectations below the floor of because of the weird seating design. I also liked how Lightning Lane guests got their own pre show room.

The Bad: The queue is pretty terrible. It’s a brand new ride but carries the same dingy aesthetic that Space Mountain has—I dont know how to explain it but it doesn’t feel like a new ride. The theming amounts to what look like decals haphazardly stuck on black walls. Speaking of which, the pre show was pretty underwhelming, and the show building for the ride had some notable light bleed issues. Also had issues with the lockers—we carry our passes on our phone and Apple watch but neither worked (a team member later said these don’t work to open them…a sign would’ve been nice) and even when I had the little dummy card I still had issues…and yet the staff seemed mad at ME for it.

The Ugly: I do not like that seat design at all. I dont know if I was too tense getting in but I was uncomfortable the entire time…not for body dimension issues, but because my back felt like it had no support, the handlebars were too close for my arms, and my manhood got smashed every time we took a turn (which I think is why I thought the ride was more thrilling than I expected…I felt every bit of force).

Overall—it’s fine. I’m glad Magic Kingdom has a signature, modern ride in it. But this is a “if I’m in the park and Lightning Lanes happen to be available I’ll ride” kind of ride…not a “have the gf wake up at 7 and get a virtual queue just for this” ride.

I went on this three times last week while I was in Florida; overall, it's a good addition to Magic Kingdom but lacking compared to the resort's recent attractions. The launch is by far the best part and provides a genuinely fun rush of excitement. However, the indoor section goes by too quickly. On my first ride, I was taken aback by how short it is, especially in the front row where you have nothing but the track to look at. I sat further back in the train on subsequent rides and found those rides slightly more thrilling. Once you're in the middle of the train, you can actually take in the attraction's scenery both indoors and outdoors. Going forward on future trips, I don't know how much of a priority this will be. Maybe if the blue sky expansions happen in a few years standby waits will be reasonable more often than not.

The virtual queue's inefficiency surprised me. 2/3 of my rides were morning virtual queues around 10:30 and 11:30, and both times I still waited 40-50 minutes in line. The nighttime Lightning Lane only took about 15-20 minutes, which was nice and more what I expected virtual queue to be like after my experiences over the years with Guardians and Rise. Granted, having been on the ride multiple times now, I'd never pay for an individual Lighting Lane on this again.

Reactions: Nick and OrlandoGuy
I went on a relatively dead day and vq still sold out in like 3 seconds. I suspect before 1 the supply is just very low. I did buy a lightning lane for guardians but only because I was doing a single day and would have no way really to make the ride work with park hopping. I wish they would allow earlier park hopping again so I could ride it without paying.