TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that the WDW version is actually a lot more fun despite DL’s being redone in 2005.

For me I really enjoy WDW's version as well, personally I've yet to experience a rough ride which I've heard many folks say it has, but that's just my experience. That said, it does need a top to bottom refurb just for the simple fact these are the second-oldest coasters in a Disney Park, they need the refurb regardless if one finds them rough or not.

DL's Space Mountain is fine...unless it's Hyperspace Mountain, then it becomes my favorite stateside Space Mountain *and* my favorite Star Wars ride.

For me I really enjoy WDW's version as well, personally I've yet to experience a rough ride which I've heard many folks say it has, but that's just my experience. That said, it does need a top to bottom refurb just for the simple fact these are the second-oldest coasters in a Disney Park, they need the refurb regardless if one finds them rough or not.

DL's Space Mountain is fine...unless it's Hyperspace Mountain, then it becomes my favorite stateside Space Mountain *and* my favorite Star Wars ride.
I just dislike how DL’s Space is pretty much all turns.

I went on DL's Space Mountain for the first time last year while it was in the Hyperspace Mountain overlay, and it was fun but felt rather uninspired compared to other Disney coasters around the world. The long waits deterred me from going on it more during the trip. Florida's Space Mountain has a much better layout, but its enjoyment depends on how much I'm in the mood for a rougher coaster.

Reactions: Nick and belloq87
I went on DL's Space Mountain for the first time last year while it was in the Hyperspace Mountain overlay, and it was fun but felt rather uninspired compared to other Disney coasters around the world. The long waits deterred me from going on it more during the trip. Florida's Space Mountain has a much better layout, but its enjoyment depends on how much I'm in the mood for a rougher coaster.
I've been to DL four times now and been on their SM who knows how many times and while I enjoy it for what it is, I also think it's an extremely overhyped coaster. MK's Space is jacked up since it's pushing 50 years of use, but I just feel like comparing the track layout of the two is an easy win for MK. Of course neither are really the best Space Mountain i'd argue as that probably belongs to Paris right now, although i'm very interested what Tokyo's ends up being like once that's all redone.

Space Mt. is soooo overrated. Rough, and uncomfortable, with minimal ride theming, I don't waste my time standing in line for it anymore. The loading area is the best thing about the ride. That
says a lot.

Reactions: shiekra38
Cast Members are getting to experience TRON for the first time today...but also getting a first time experience of what it's like to visit Universal as apparently multiple are reporting being turned away from riding the coaster, or at least having to wait an extended amount of time for the back train. Curious to see how the Disney GP who have never really had to deal with that before respond.

Cast Members are getting to experience TRON for the first time today...but also getting a first time experience of what it's like to visit Universal as apparently multiple are reporting being turned away from riding the coaster, or at least having to wait an extended amount of time for the back train. Curious to see how the Disney GP who have never really had to deal with that before respond.

This was always going to be a problem with Americans vs. someone who lives in Shanghai. Americans are just bigger and tbh they probably should've had at least one train running that has two seated RVs and five set of two lightcycles. Having just that tiny bit of extra capacity on the track would make the line for the seated car go a lot faster.

If in CM previews the line is 30 minutes longer than than for a lightcycle seating for a seated vehicle, this could be a disaster once things open to the public.

Mario Kart at USH is going to be a total afterthought regarding "small seats" by the time this opens.

Why doesn't every train have the special seats in the back row? Seems like it should be on every train but sounds like it isn't?

We might need a little clarification if every train has the last row "car seat" or not, but a 30+ minute wait seems possible if not every train has that. And that would be a massive OOF.

Now if every train has that last row, then it could be comparable to your "Front Row" wait for a coaster which usually has a longer wait. But I've waited front row for many a coaster like VelociCoaster and never waited an extra 30+ minutes for it, so that could be telling on just how many folks are having to use that line if that's the case.

Either way, this doesn't sound good no matter how you shake it.

We might need a little clarification if every train has the last row "car seat" or not, but a 30+ minute wait seems possible if not every train has that. And that would be a massive OOF.

Now if every train has that last row, then it could be comparable to your "Front Row" wait for a coaster which usually has a longer wait. But I've waited front row for many a coaster like VelociCoaster and never waited an extra 30+ minutes for it, so that could be telling on just how many folks are having to use that line if that's the case.

Either way, this doesn't sound good no matter how you shake it.
The ride vehicle sounds restrictive. You don't even need to be big in the stomach, if you have large muscular calfs or wide hips it could be game over. I can imagine the line for the seated car could end up unusually long. Sort of similar to Flight of Passage, but CM reports saying more restrictive.

So slight edit/update on the back row "Car Seat", looking at the above POV and recalling testing pictures...the back row car seat is NOT on all the trains. The extra 30+ minute wait is due to having to wait solely for the trains which have that row, and that feels like a very bad oversight.

So slight edit/update on the back row "Car Seat", looking at the above POV and recalling testing pictures...the back row car seat is NOT on all the trains. The extra 30+ minute wait is due to having to wait solely for the trains which have that row, and that feels like a very bad oversight.
It probably wouldn't take much to swap them out. Maybe they just need more to be made and bolt them on ala slinky tails