TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
VQ is a double edge sword. As others have pointed out it give you flexibility of not having to wait in line for 3 hours for the new ride. Sure great. But then you mix in the Paid LL option and the VQ spots get cut in half (maybe more who knows). Now you have a lesser chance of getting a VQ which then puts you in a position of having to pay for an ILL. This happened with MMRRR this weekend. I paid but really didn't want to. Now if I had a Standby line to jump in then I have options. Maybe rope drop for a chance at a lower wait time. Or jump in line after a breakdown (I did this with Rise this weekend and worked out great). Or get in late at night with a lower wait time. So there are still options with standby that isn't a sophie's choice between 3 hour wait or not riding at all. Those who got a letter VQ this weekend probably didn't ride the ride. When Rise opened with a VQ there were no ILL so at least you had a bigger pool of chances to get a ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog
VQ is a double edge sword. As others have pointed out it give you flexibility of not having to wait in line for 3 hours for the new ride. Sure great. But then you mix in the Paid LL option and the VQ spots get cut in half (maybe more who knows). Now you have a lesser chance of getting a VQ which then puts you in a position of having to pay for an ILL. This happened with MMRRR this weekend. I paid but really didn't want to. Now if I had a Standby line to jump in then I have options. Maybe rope drop for a chance at a lower wait time. Or jump in line after a breakdown (I did this with Rise this weekend and worked out great). Or get in late at night with a lower wait time. So there are still options with standby that isn't a sophie's choice between 3 hour wait or not riding at all. Those who got a letter VQ this weekend probably didn't ride the ride. When Rise opened with a VQ there were no ILL so at least you had a bigger pool of chances to get a ride.
Late at night has always been a great option on new attractions. VQ throws everything off.

VQ would be great if every ride was VQ and you could only be in one line at a time. Granted then overall park capacity would be stretched because you are moving all those people in lines and putting them in restaurants and walkways. But that would take a huge change in operations to get guests to understand it and make it work.

VQ would be great if every ride was VQ and you could only be in one line at a time. Granted then overall park capacity would be stretched because you are moving all those people in lines and putting them in restaurants and walkways. But that would take a huge change in operations to get guests to understand it and make it work.

That's how FP+ was supposed to work and we saw it turned out.

I had a virtual queue headache over at EPCOT today, where the 1PM reservations were still open the entire drive from work, and the walk up to the gates, but by the time I got inside the gates there was no reservations available anymore. Ugh.

Uh, I'll be at MK in mid-February. Can I be your long lost cousin from the wrong side of the tracks in order to ride?
I'm not the CM :lol:

My brother booked this last night for my family to come. I was completely caught off guard as I was expecting to have to wait at the least until AP Previews in March and AP Previews are likely going to be a pain to get.

I'm not the CM :lol:

My brother booked this last night for my family to come. I was completely caught off guard as I was expecting to have to wait at the least until AP Previews in March and AP Previews are likely going to be hard to come by.

Very nice. Will be looking forward to your review even though I read some of those for TRON in Shanghai.

Very nice. Will be looking forward to your review even though I read some of those for TRON in Shanghai.
I suspect my review that day will be nicer than on a day when I have to use VQ. I put in no work to get on this, so it'll just be me showing up and going on the ride which make a coaster that's less than about 1:30 and doesn't do anything crazy seem pretty decent. Plus I love the aesthetic of TRON: Legacy, so i'll be insanely biased in that respect.

My brother is going on it during the CM preview this weekend as well so i'll let you know his thoughts when I hear.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Please, it needs an overhaul
I really hope they keep the compact layout with drops and two tracks instead of gutting it and putting in a sad and lame Disneyland layout! The Magic Kingdom version is far more interesting, thrilling, and culturally significant than all the other Space Mountains in my opinion. I actually don't even mind that it's a little shaky and rickety since I feel like it adds to the fun but if replacing the track and making it smooth would mean getting rid of some of those trim breaks then it's a win. Something tells me that won't happen though and any "upgraded" version of Space will end up being a downgrade.

I really hope they keep the compact layout with drops and two tracks instead of gutting it and putting in a sad and lame Disneyland layout! The Magic Kingdom version is far more interesting, thrilling, and culturally significant than all the other Space Mountains in my opinion. I actually don't even mind that it's a little shaky and rickety since I feel like it adds to the fun but if replacing the track and making it smooth would mean getting rid of some of those trim breaks then it's a win. Something tells me that won't happen though and any "upgraded" version of Space will end up being a downgrade.
I agree that the WDW version is actually a lot more fun despite DL’s being redone in 2005.

Reactions: OrlLover