TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You don’t have to stay in the park man, lol…you can even leave and come back as you please!

I mean I am genuinely trying to understand the vitriol but all the arguments against it just keep coming up as pros to me :shrug:

Maybe Im just weird and we leave it at that
When you're staying 20 miles away, going in and out of the park is not a real option.....Put yourself in the shoes of a vacationer, at DHS for a day, over 40, that isn't all that familiar with the technical
fineries of Iphones and the complex VQ directions, or someone that either doesn't have an I Phone or doesn't like to ruin his park experience with his face in his phone all day or carrying his i Phone
that constantly needs recharged, and it will be easier for you to understand the vitriol. Park experiences should be relaxing, especially when on vacation, and Disney's near insistence that a guest, to
receive equal treatment, has to be technically proficient and loving to have a phone in their hand constantly, is very offsetting to guests who just want to relax on vacation and get away from the rat race of workdays and phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: imagin78 and SkiBum
While I dislike the VQ, maybe they could do a hybrid version during the shakedown period. Plan VQ spots for the first four hours and then transition to stand-by. Then, if the ride sputters, VQ groups can still wait and standby isn't stuck in a forever line. However, I see no reason to have a VQ.

Bottom line if I just dropped $120+ to get into the park I should have the option of waiting in line for any ride. If it’s a 4 hour wait it’s my choice whether to get in line or not.

Why would I want to do that? Doesn’t matter. I should have the choice.

You guys are in defense of vacationers wanting to relax... and then say this. :lol: Pick a lane.

It ultimately falls on Disney for continuing to create attractions with crap capacity and then not enough of them for the visitors to that park.

Reactions: Tyr12
You guys are in defense of vacationers wanting to relax... and then say this. :lol: Pick a lane.

It ultimately falls on Disney for continuing to create attractions with crap capacity and then not enough of them for the visitors to that park.

I mean, is having to be on your phone at 7AM hoping to grab a VQ spot relaxing?

Let’s be real-theme parks are not relaxing. You want a relaxing vacation go to the beach, or the mountains, or a cruise.

Reactions: RFRees and GA-MBIT
I mean, is having to be on your phone at 7AM hoping to grab a VQ spot relaxing?

Let’s be real-theme parks are not relaxing. You want a relaxing vacation go to the beach, or the mountains, or a cruise.

Literally. :lol: It's the lesser of two evils between VQ and waiting the actual wait. I guess it depends where you fall.

Reactions: RFRees
No, and neither is lining up at the park gate two hours before it opens to assure you get into the best new ride before it breaks down/gets too crowded. But you all will do that without batting an eye.
I’ve never waited two hours before park open for a new ride at Disney to ride one of their newest attractions. Go on the day after the ride opens and there used to be no issue and rides would have 2 hour wait max.

I love being able to show up at a park at 8:30 for a 9pm close and still be able to get in line.

I’ve never waited two hours before park open for a new ride at Disney to ride one of their newest attractions. Go on the day after the ride opens and there’s used to be no issue and rides would have 2 hour wait max.

I love being able to show up at a park at 8:30 for a 9pm close and still be able to get in line.

I'm quite fond of showing up before the fireworks start, really don't got much of a wait for anything to be honest.

I'm very surprised to see two veteran formers argue about such a simple thing!

It has long been established that these "cut the line" schemes simply do not work. Allow myself to quote myself:

Oh my god, this again?

Here's my FP thesis and dissertation again. Here we go!

The conclusion first: FP, MaxPass, and Express Pass work. Because there is a barrier to entry. I bolded that because it is important.

The barrier to entry reduces the number of people who have this "privilege", and, in effect reduces standby times. Things get hairy when every single person gets multiple reminders from Disney to make their FP+ reservations. As if this is some sort of "perk" for even buying tickets! Now, every single person has made three slots in lines for attractions they don't even know about! This is why HM and SSE (huge crowd eaters) have lines now! Billy Joe saw the reminder and clicked the thing!

Now, everyone is in four lines at the same time.

FP made you plan and run around. EP makes you spend a bit more. With FP+ there are now 30,000 people, who did not know what they are doing, clicking FP+ revs. Add that to the 3:1 ratio CMs are told to enforce! Long standby lines, which we really haven't seen before. Because FP an EP have/had a barrier to entry.

It may be unfair to some, but these "tricks" simply do not work unless you limit the number of people who can use them. Tom Staggs got fired for this.

It has been established and proven!

I've generally been able to do a relaxing vacation staying onsite at Universal. It's the way we tour the parks. Early morning until about noon at a park. Afternoons back to the hotel and pool. Parks
at both Disney and Universal are generally crowded in the afternoons and that's when lines are longest, plus Florida is uncomfortably hot and humid in the afternoons, . Then we go back to the parks around 5:00. Even when we don't stay at the Express deluxe hotels, lines are generally decent. Disney is tougher though due to the pre planning required, over reliance on I Phones for most everything, expensive hotel rates, and genie+ park reservations. But even that can be worked
around, though not as easily, or as well, as Universal. As @Nick said, after the first couple opening days of a new ride, generally lines used to move down to an hour, or two at the most. The VQ stuff just
screws the whole works up, and it ends up being a beast that constantly needs fed, never ending.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It says a lot that we have two separate threads on here complaining about VQ simultaneously at two different Disney resorts.

I think @Skold hits the nail on the head. Lightning Lane isn't even actually the problem when you think about it since that's an upcharge option meaning barrier to entry. VQ is a bigger problem since it gives everyone who has a ticket a chance to get a time slot in the morning and afternoon for free, meaning high demand rides are simply going to go extremely quick. I think i'd have less of an issue if it was LL and Stand-by than LL and VQ.

I don't even think this is about people not liking change either too much. If the change positively effected things, then i'm not sure people would have a problem with it. I'm a local and have been on GotG I think 3 times since it opened because it's not worth it to invest my time into trying to get a VQ instead of just walking up and waiting in a line. This is my opinion of TRON too. I'm sure for some people VQ works great, but for a lot of people, they don't like it for one reason or another and I think a lot of it is it just boils down to lacking flexibility, re-rides aren't even a thing you could do if you wanted to, etc.

It says a lot that we have two separate threads on here complaining about VQ simultaneously at two different Disney resorts.

I think @Skold hits the nail on the head. Lightning Lane isn't even actually the problem when you think about it since that's an upcharge option meaning barrier to entry. VQ is a bigger problem since it gives everyone who has a ticket a chance to get a time slot in the morning and afternoon for free, meaning high demand rides are simply going to go extremely quick. I think i'd have less of an issue if it was LL and Stand-by than LL and VQ.

I don't even think this is about people not liking change either too much. If the change positively affected things, then i'm not sure people would have a problem with it. I'm a local and have been on GotG I think 3 times since it opened because it's not worth it to invest my time into trying to get a VQ instead of just walking up and waiting in a line. This is my opinion of TRON too. I'm sure for some people VQ works great, but for a lot of people, they don't like it for one reason or another and I think a lot of it is it just boils down to lacking flexibility, re-rides aren't even a thing you could do if you wanted to, etc.
It's crazy that MMRR opened two days ago and I've already seen people getting trains to themselves two nights in a row despite VQ being filled up and nobody else being able to join even though the queue is empty. It's just so largely anti-Guest it's insane

Going on the record to say I still prefer Virtual though. Sorry guys/gals :shrug:

No need to apologize. It is, after all, a preference. Even if you are a complete weirdo for liking it. :grin: I'm with @UNIrd on this regarding the lack of capacity on new rides. I have a distinct feeling that TRON is going to have capacity closer to Peter Pan than Rise of the Resistance. The seat type, requirement for lockers, and shortness of the ride will all combine for a nightmare. Throw Lightning Lane into the mix on top of it being a new ride and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: UNIrd
The thing I hate the most of VQ is that the last hour of operations (maybe even more) is being reserved for any potential delays earlier in the day. That's when you can typically see trains on Guardians being sent mostly empty.

The same thing happens in the morning for the first hour or so.

The bright side of this for me is that I'm vacationing at WDW for 10 nights in late April, but I have absolutely zero interest in riding a 1 minute roller coaster :yawn:. So, in this case,
I personally don't care how they load. The good point of Tron is that it will divert some of the crowd away from attractions I 'want' to ride. With Splash closed, the Tron capacity,
even if it sucks, will help a tad.

Reactions: SkiBum
The bright side of this for me is that I'm vacationing at WDW for 10 nights in late April, but I have absolutely zero interest in riding a 1 minute roller coaster :yawn:. So, in this case,
I personally don't care how they load. The good point of Tron is that it will divert some of the crowd away from attractions I 'want' to ride. With Splash closed, the Tron capacity,
even if it sucks, will help a tad.
Take a skateboard and ride Splash......

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog