TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it works like that. The acquisition of FOX won't affect anything park related. They are different cost centers/departments.

I agree FOX won't affect Tron, but not the overall sentiment. FOX deal isn't done yet and probably won't be till this ride is totally budgeted and starting construction. We'd see the FOX deal affect future projects I think.

I agree FOX won't affect Tron, but not the overall sentiment. FOX deal isn't done yet and probably won't be till this ride is totally budgeted and starting construction. We'd see the FOX deal affect future projects I think.

It could be possible that WDW "slows down" after everything currently under construction is open. Maybe AK gets something after the 50th, but I could see Disney wanting to not open anything while SWL, Tron and GOTG are still 'fresh'.

It could be possible that WDW "slows down" after everything currently under construction is open. Maybe AK gets something after the 50th, but I could see Disney wanting to not open anything while SWL, Tron and GOTG are still 'fresh'.

It could go either way. If they're massively popular to the point that it starts to clog up the parks and stops an even distribution of people, a new ride might fix it. I think Disney's data is going to be slightly skewed, it could be difficult for them to tell if the parks are busy for the 50th of because of the new additions. If they know that building new attractions gives them a good ROI, then hopefully they'll keep building.

Add Universal building a new park and they need to stay competitive.

It could go either way. If they're massively popular to the point that it starts to clog up the parks and stops an even distribution of people, a new ride might fix it. I think Disney's data is going to be slightly skewed, it could be difficult for them to tell if the parks are busy for the 50th of because of the new additions. If they know that building new attractions gives them a good ROI, then hopefully they'll keep building.

Add Universal building a new park and they need to stay competitive.
Universal building a new park is the saving grace. They will NEED to continue investment due to that imo.

Reactions: tankart150
BmTQyrEAqCo
From blog Mickey I saw instagram

Some more info from Disney Parks Blog:
Attention Users: Tron Attraction Update Now Loading… | Disney Parks Blog

First, the Walt Disney World Railroad will temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station starting in December 2018, pausing its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom Park. During this time, guests will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.

The Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the attraction’s track is adjusted. It will reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019.

WDW Railroad to become a photo op in Main Street Station December 2018 - ???

Tomorrowland Speedway to close for track adjustment Early 2019 - Summer 2019

Tomorrowland Speedway to close for track adjustment Early 2019 - Summer 2019
Hmm, they specify "It will reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019", however I wonder if that will just be temporary. Every rumor has it that the Speedway is getting a Tron makeover and theme for when the Coaster opens.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Seems like they will be taking the approach that happened for when Disneyland Railroad closed; for both the Railroad and Speedway.

Hmm, they specify "It will reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019", however I wonder if that will just be temporary. Every rumor has it that the Speedway is getting a Tron makeover and theme for when the Coaster opens.

Maybe it's just that they are going to hold off making a statement like that until it gets closer to reopening?

__

Also, I think they should've had it as "Preparing The Digital Frontier" as opposed to "Now Programming", as it would've made sense when you consider Tron Legacy.

Either way, glad to see this going forward after-all.

Seems odd they would put up a sign before trees have even been cleared. Expecting this to start moving quickly. If Cedar point can build a coaster in a half year, there is no reason this shouldn't be finished by 2021.

Or it’s not getting an upgrade? I mean they’re going out of their way to say nothing is changing.

Seems odd they would put up a sign before trees have even been cleared. Expecting this to start moving quickly. If Cedar point can build a coaster in a half year, there is no reason this shouldn't be finished by 2021.

Look up the signs for Muppet Studios, Isreal in Epcot, Africa in Epcot, etc