TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully once they turn on the canopy, people will get excited again. Don't think I'll go to Magic Kingdom just to ride it though, especially when better coasters exist both within the resort and at Universal. And maybe Disneyland will find an absurd and inconceivable way to fit a better version into their Tomorrowland...

Hopefully once they turn on the canopy, people will get excited again. Don't think I'll go to Magic Kingdom just to ride it though, especially when better coasters exist both within the resort and at Universal. And maybe Disneyland will find an absurd and inconceivable way to fit a better version into their Tomorrowland...
Does not matter, this will have 4 hour lines (barring covid changes) for a couple of years like mine train did. Just to say they "did" it.

Well, we pretty much know what we’re getting here, so there isn’t the hype of the unknown. The track is also fully installed and is only roughly a 60 second ride. Then construction stopped, which was another reason hype died down.

It’s a mix of a lot of things, but mostly bc you can already watch POVs of this ride and we know it’s nothing crazy.

Gonna say this too: it's just a bunch of helixes. It's pretty for sure.

Reactions: shiekra38
It will have enormous hype once it’s open. Maybe not from enthusiasts but the general public? Yeah they’ll flip for it. A new ride in the Magic Kingdom? A new Disney coaster? The line will be hours.

Reactions: belloq87 and Freak
Of course it's not going to satisfy extreme coaster junkies. They've got the JP coaster to meet their needs next year.

There are plenty of people who will enjoy TRON (being less intense, it will cater to a wider array of guest tastes), and it will instantly become consistently the longest wait in the park (probably by a lot).

It’s a basic coaster sure, but when it’s downplayed, a lot people seem to forget the visuals and seating position that go with it.

The motorcycle seating on this ride is very similar to what Tron will be.

Is it?

Hagrid's is basically a raised standard chair with motorbike handles.

15D3E283-CEE9-46F2-91FA-0634D28D8018.jpeg

In Tron, you're straddling the seat and in a far more horizontal position.

SHDL06272016_0081-1500x1000.jpg

It's like saying the seating in Soarin' are the same as Flight of Passage.

Reactions: Sledge and Andysol
Is it?

Hagrid's is basically a raised standard chair with motorbike handles.

15D3E283-CEE9-46F2-91FA-0634D28D8018.jpeg

In Tron, you're straddling the seat and in a far more horizontal position.

SHDL06272016_0081-1500x1000.jpg

It's like saying the seating in Soarin' are the same as Flight of Passage.
Yeah, I forgot exactly how free you are on Hafrid, so tht's on me. I've truly only been on it less than a handful of times.

Funny you bring up Flight of Passagae though, because that's probably the best comparison to Tron as far as the restraint system the ride uses.

Reactions: UNIrd and Scott W.
Funny you bring up Flight of Passagae though, because that's probably the best comparison to Tron as far as the restraint system the ride uses.

That's exactly what it's like. I'd expect anyone who had issues getting on FOP to have the same problem getting on this.

In fact, one person I saw having to exit Tron was because they couldn't get the restraints to close around their calves. So time to start skipping leg day, kids!

Disney folk will love this as more intense rides make their tummy hurt

Also, does this utilize a cable launch system? I thought those were all but gone