Twisters (2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Twisters (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love that this is getting a full-blown soundtrack release too. First single is Luke Combs' "Ain't No Love in Oklahoma" - out May 16th.

"Humans Being" from Van Halen better get grandfathered onto that album.

Reactions: grlhowl
I liked this a lot.

Daisy Edgar-Jones and Glen Powell have good chemistry (Anthony Ramos also does some nice work with a very easy-to-see-coming arc), the tornado stuff looks good and feels of-a-piece with the original, and it's just got a genuinely enjoyable, throwback, old-fashioned summer fun vibe.

TWISTER is still the king, but this is a very respectable, worthy companion.

Well…I didn’t like it.

If the original takes itself so seriously that it becomes unintentionally goofy at times, this one plays to the goofiness too much to the point where I couldn’t take it seriously. The effects were also pretty underwhelming and I did not walk away feeling like this was a film that needed to be seen on the big screen.

I guess this film is for *checks Rotten Tomatoes page* 93% of audiences. But it ain’t for me.

The more I see of this movie, even just poster or billboard, the more I don't want to see it anytime soon or ever. I love the original too much (and the former Universal Orlando attraction).

When I went to AMC Citywalk the other week to watch an anime (Blue Lock), they had the "Twisters Tube" in the right side lounge area. I skipped trying it out only because I didn't have a plush cow :rolleyes: