Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Skip and I have decided he is a fraud and/or a troll.

That is what I have been thinking. I was going through his tweets, and his hit/miss ratio is way off. I am all about having someone who has info in upper management discussions and stuff that might not come through because it is high level discussions... but to say something is a fact. I am going to go and comb over the lagoon show this weekend to find or disprove any indication that this rumor is true.

That is what I have been thinking. I was going through his tweets, and his hit/miss ratio is way off. I am all about having someone who has info in upper management discussions and stuff that might not come through because it is high level discussions... but to say something is a fact. I am going to go and comb over the lagoon show this weekend to find or disprove any indication that this rumor is true.

He had one hit: Dragon Challege entrance move. That was either blind luck or he actually knew something.

I'm not saying the dude is right, but didn't we hear before that Disney tried the drip screens and tossed the idea? It is possible that something happened in testing and they had to change plans. I do think he is a fraud. But it is possible.

^Right, but just 2 weeks ago, when the art came out, they talked about the water screens. This show will be a dud without the screens. Failure is not an option.

Edit: the guy also said Fast and the Furious was replacing Jaws. We know it's Potter.

I'm not saying the dude is right, but didn't we hear before that Disney tried the drip screens and tossed the idea? It is possible that something happened in testing and they had to change plans. I do think he is a fraud. But it is possible.

They obviously work. Aquatine has videos of them on their website.

Disney didn't use it because they didn't want large structures sticking up in their lagoon.

Disney didn't use it because they didn't want large structures sticking up in their lagoon.

Just because they work, doesn't mean they work the way Universal needs them to. Looking at Aquatique's website, I didn't see a video where high clarity projections were done on the water screens. It's possible Universal wasn't happy with how the images were looking when they projected.

I'm not saying this happened, but I don't see why it couldn't.

Just because they work, doesn't mean they work the way Universal needs them to. Looking at Aquatique's website, I didn't see a video where high clarity projections were done on the water screens. It's possible Universal wasn't happy with how the images were looking when they projected.

I'm not saying this happened, but I don't see why it couldn't.

They literally JUST announced the thing 2 weeks ago, and it's going to open soon-ish.

I seriously, seriously doubt they would have announced it and built the damn things without making sure they worked....

They literally JUST announced the thing 2 weeks ago, and it's going to open soon-ish.

I seriously, seriously doubt they would have announced it and built the damn things without making sure they worked....

It's not like this never happens in the theme park world. Is it likely? Not at all. Is it possible? Yes. Like I said, I trust that the twitter guy is full of it. But I also wouldn't be floored if it was true to a certian extent.

In the concept art, the screens in the lagoon look like megatrons, but that's just because it's concept art.

We've all seen the hundreds of nozzles in those structures/trusses, and we've seen the Aquatique (sp?) videos, so I'm pretty sure they'll be water screens.

Geeez.... I just went looking for 'aquatine' water screens... Couldn't find them... because it is AQUATIQUE! :mad:

That said... The rain curtains should be just fine without an added projection surface. AAMOF an additional projection surface would completely screw up the projection as it must be BLACK behind the rain in order to work.

http://www.aquatic-show.com/site/Video-Water-curtains-219.html

Last edited:
Fast Five wasn't that bad.....:lol:

Regardless, I don't want it as a theme park land. Ride, maybe. Imagine Test Track on steroids. It has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.