Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if USF's plans could resemble these (via Screamscape)

SINGAPORE - From Dec 31, visitors to the Universal Studios Singapore (USS) can witness a parade featuring "intricately detailed floats, special effects, dancers, a custom musical score and some fan-favourite characters".

The Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) said yesterday that the parade - which will be called "Hollywood Dreams" - will last about 30 minutes and feature a cast of more than 100 performers.

It will run through five of USS' seven zones.

RWS senior vice-president of attractions Dennis Gilbert said: "The immense level of detail is evident in the design of the parade units".

"Everything about this parade, from the floats to the costumes to the choreographed acts, promises a visually spectacular show".

RWS said "Hollywood Dreams" will run once a day on Fridays, Saturdays and selected holidays, and will be included with regular theme park admission.

^ Nice to see Singapore just laying it down! Its obvious the park has an extremely bright future. As for it coming to USF, unless its a night time event tied to the lagoon then I hope not. For the sake of the park as I have said numerous times before they must provide reasons for people to stay well into the night. The longer people stay the more money they spend.

Hopefully it's something memorable. I just wish Dynamite Nights Spectacular would come back in some form, it was a great show.

More from Screamscape:

2012 - New Entertainment - Rumor - (11/23/11) A Screamscape reader has described a few details given to them during a survey from Universal Orlando which seemed to focus partially on details for a proposed new nighttime show for the park. The survey mentioned possible features such as water screens, fog effects, projection screens and the concept of a show plot involving the history of the movie making biz. There were also quite a few questions comparing the concept to “World of Color” as well as if guests would be willing to leave Islands of Adventure and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at night to see it at Universal Studios Florida.

God I hope they don't try to make some WoC ripoff. That just isn't their strength.

I don't see why they don't just do it at IOA and be done with it. Of the two parks I assume that Islands of Adventure must have the higher percentage of attendance.

I don't see why they don't just do it at IOA and be done with it. Of the two parks I assume that Islands of Adventure must have the higher percentage of attendance.

perhaps they want to still shoot off some pyro and thus require it to be in USF due to the proximity of the bunker?

A few shots of the lagoon show barges from yesterday . . .

Barges1.jpg

Barges2.jpg

Barges3.jpg

Barges4.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is after the holiday season we will see a full press release and more info regarding Despicable Me, Spiderman 4K, the Mini Golf course, and new lagoon show.

Because IOA probably isn't the park having trouble getting people in the door right now with WWOHP. And I hope this lagoon show runs a lot more often than just peak times like Universal360.

Because IOA probably isn't the park having trouble getting people in the door right now with WWOHP. And I hope this lagoon show runs a lot more often than just peak times like Universal360.

Agree with both I was at the parks a few times this week we started in IOA to do potter and when you got done and went to USF it seemed like you went from a park on Christmas Day to the deadest day.

USF need a lot of TLC and more shows/ rides

^ Hi Def screens? With all the new 4K projectors resort wide you have to wonder if there was a sale.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.