Universal’s Superstar Parade | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Superstar Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would rather them spend the capital on more immersive meet and greets like Blue and the glitter farting troll plus rotating street shows

Personally I think parades are a "Disney thing" and Universal could vastly improve on the formula

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Yes a nighttime parade with projection mapping would something else

If only they had something like that already designed and implemented at another one of their parks...maybe like Japan or whatever
Who here would be 100% ok with them just giving us the Japan nighttime parade? Or minimal updates, like when Paint the Night made it over to Disneyland with the new Frozen floats?

Who here would be 100% ok with them just giving us the Japan nighttime parade? Or minimal updates, like when Paint the Night made it over to Disneyland with the new Frozen floats?

I want something inspired by, but new. Why have JP in the parade when the land is in IOA? Add MiB and The Simpsons. Etc.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Who here would be 100% ok with them just giving us the Japan nighttime parade?
Nah. It'd be redundant with it only featuring properties that are already represented in Cinematic Celebration; I want more variety than what's on the new bag designs. DreamWorks properties, Hello Kitty, Spongebob, and/or a motorcade featuring BTTF, MIB, F&F, and Scooby-Doo (not sure if Simpsons are usable for this) would do wonders towards giving any potential new parade its own distinct identity.

I'd think a Universal Japan like parade with Potter, Bourne, Transformers, Pokemon (or Mario depending on circumstances) and Despicable Me feels incredibly simple to develop and go fully all out on. 3 of the 5 would be already fully developed and not much would need to be done to change them.

I want something inspired by, but new. Why have JP in the parade when the land is in IOA? Add MiB and The Simpsons. Etc.

I dunno, I’d love to see JP since we aren’t getting a parade in IOA. Plus it’s a beloved Universal property, and we don’t have a ton of those that hits across demographics.

I'd be fine with something colorful and more of an "event"

Personally, I'm of the mind that a nighttime show fills that gap fine

I just think daytime parades serve to clog up major walkways and to have an actual good one it costs a whole lot of capital

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Fast & Furious Motorcade TBH
I get it’s a joke, but having a Charger or a couple customized race cars actually wouldn’t be a bad way to fill space between big floats…would prefer that to dancers or costumes characters or whatever.

I remember when Transformers opened they had an Optimus Prime-painted semi and yellow Charger riding through the streets of the park and it was actually awesome lol.

I get it’s a joke, but having a Charger or a couple customized race cars actually wouldn’t be a bad way to fill space between big floats…would prefer that to dancers or costumes characters or whatever.

I remember when Transformers opened they had an Optimus Prime-painted semi and yellow Charger riding through the streets of the park and it was actually awesome lol.

I've always wondered why they don't some sort of F&F entertainment thing at the ride entrance throughout the day.

“Universal Studios Presents: The Night of Dreamworks Parade”

Structure it where the movies are literally rolling out of the screen. Strictly use Dreamworks properties. Create floats for Shrek, Dragons, Trolls, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda, then throw in a catch-all float with El Dorado, Spirit, Megamind, Rise of the Guardians, Croods, Abominable, Bad Guys, etc.

Thing would be family-familiar, fit the Studios thematically, hit the highlights, and enable some fun fan-service.