Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Citywalk (Beijing)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Details have now come out for Universal Citywalk at the upcoming Universal Beijing resort, announcing that Toothsome and Red Oven are coming (with even more); on-top of all new offerings for the Mandarin version.

The offerings announced are:

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
Red Oven Pizza
Peet's Coffee
Cowfish
Cutie Cones Ice Cream
Kakao Friends
POP MART’s
CITYWALK Wubei Craft Food And Beer
Universal Studios Store
Universal CITYWALK Cinema
Grandma’s Travel Home

and more:

Very nice-- kind of a "best of" from Orlando.

It feels like a good mixture of Hollywood (with the full inclusion of Universal Cinema) and Orlando; along with bringing it's own flair.

A note, Citywalk is also the first mention we have, of a Korean IP being used on-site; with Kakao Friends originating from Seoul.

Last edited:
I wonder if Neon Street Hawkers has any relation to the Hawkers that opened up in Orlando? If you haven't been to Hawkers, you gotta go!

Peet's Coffee is interesting. I'm surprised Universal wasn't able to bring Starbucks over.

Very little retail in here too. I count two retail stores if Pop Mart is a store. Doesn't bode well for getting more retail in Orlando

Universal Beijing Resort has revealed the full list of the 24 dining, retail, and entertainment venues that will be featured at Universal CityWalk Beijing.

Universal Beijing Resort has revealed the full list of the 24 dining, retail, and entertainment venues that will be featured at Universal CityWalk Beijing.

That's gotta amazing for the owners of The Cowfish. It's truly a little local place in Raleigh and Charlotte and all because Tom Williams ate there one time, they ended up at CityWalk in Orlando and now they're gonna be all the way in Beijing. Wild.

I'd expect it'll end up at USH CityWalk eventually, too.

Hyped for the Kakao Friends store and to get exclusive gear to resale later. Kakao is huge and adult guys and adult girls go crazy for the Ryan Lion plushes.