Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who says they are going to lose money at these rates? The hotels will be booked at a high occupancy.
They are not going to make as much as they could and I think that is what the bean counters base it on. This is like SF when I paid $111 for 10 days and got two credits to use in the hotel for an 11 night stay. Cannot book a rate anywhere near that now.

Reactions: Yung1522
If by some chance this opens in April 2019, I might actually get to stay at Surfside - I am cruising out of Fort Lauderdale, but it might be easier to fly to Orlando and drive to Fort Lauderdale, and work in 1-2 days at Universal.

They are not going to make as much as they could and I think that is what the bean counters base it on. This is like SF when I paid $111 for 10 days and got two credits to use in the hotel for an 11 night stay. Cannot book a rate anywhere near that now.
The old bait and switch.

The old bait and switch.
I don't think it is that as much as getting a "buzz" going but with the price for this one on the location I do think they are pushing the marginal operations on Universal (and maybe I-Drive) to reconsider their chosen business plan.

I don't think it is that as much as getting a "buzz" going but with the price for this one on the location I do think they are pushing the marginal operations on Universal (and maybe I-Drive) to reconsider their chosen business plan.
Buzz/bait, tamato/tomato. And yes, puts the screws to the competition.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Best Western at 7299 Universal is first on UOR’s “kill” list as it is literally adjacent to the Dockside Resort. This might be a case where Universal runs someone else out of business.

Orlando Continental and Monumental Movieland and probably a close second, although it’s not as useful given how close the property is to I-4. The exception might be building something tall enough to “frame” Krakatau and Volcano Bay - you won’t immediately notice the Interstate if you’re 10 floors above it and on eye level with Krakatau and Aventura.

If Universal could figure out how to run off Westgate, they might be into something, as it would give Universal both sides of the lake, but it might be easier just to partner with them on a “Universal Vacation Club” Timeshare program.

With project 314 looking like a go, any properties adjacent are golden. If they got any pockets at all they will hang in there. And if the carrot is "early park entry" I'm underwhelmed. Been there, done that. 20,000 rooms? :celebrate:

Last edited:
Quick question. Can universal do what Disney does with their Lake next to the Contemporary and do sailboating, paddle boarding and what not in the lake next to the hotel? Would really increase the idea of staying here. Also, within the next few years, this hotel could easily be the hot spot at the resort as it will be in the middle of the two theme parks and the third coming.

Please don't laugh. But? What about gators? Isn't asking people to enjoy the water just setting up a gator buffet?

Reactions: Coasted
I cannot stress how much I love those rooms. The resort is really going for the timeless vacation vibe.

I’m starting to thing Surfside will be near the water as that one sounds like there’s more rooms in that one and that’ll be the larger hotel.

When my kids were little I would be jumping at booking this place. Having a suite with a little kitchen? So great with kids. With the price point I would take the lack of express pass for that kitchen and bedroom. Being able to put a toddler down for a mid day nap in the bedroom while the school aged one chills in the other room watching some cartoons? Vacation heaven.

Reactions: UNIrd
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Best Western at 7299 Universal is first on UOR’s “kill” list as it is literally adjacent to the Dockside Resort. This might be a case where Universal runs someone else out of business.

Orlando Continental and Monumental Movieland and probably a close second, although it’s not as useful given how close the property is to I-4. The exception might be building something tall enough to “frame” Krakatau and Volcano Bay - you won’t immediately notice the Interstate if you’re 10 floors above it and on eye level with Krakatau and Aventura.

If Universal could figure out how to run off Westgate, they might be into something, as it would give Universal both sides of the lake, but it might be easier just to partner with them on a “Universal Vacation Club” Timeshare program.
Isn't Westgate a time share? I thought you "own" that period - you just pay mince fees. If so, would they have to negotiate every single room thats been sold?

These prices are insane. I've been doing AirBnbs recently, but these prices blow them out of the water. Uni is not messing around. Well done.
The thing with these hotels is since they're "off-property", Universal doesn't want to build their best stuff for this location. CBBR had been the cheap alternative as an onsite resort for quite a few years, but with CBBR being on-site and the towers overlooking VB, they can continue to raise those prices now and still offer a cheap alternative "Off-site" (and at Aventura).

These low prices won't last forever though so take advantage while you guys can. Also, while $73 low per night sounds great, as the PR states, 1,450 of the two hotels 2700 or so rooms will be Suites.

So much like CBBR, they are playing to both the people who just want a place to lay their head and also offering more expensive "suites" starting at $111/night. That price for the suites is great however considering what Disney charges at Art of Animation.

Exactly. I'm not sure how this is confusing to people. People travel to Florida year-round because the perception of an "Endless Summer", whether it's technically true or not.

I don't think anybody is confused by the name. They just think it sucks.

Here's how much of the lake, Universal own @rcoasterdude

View attachment 6333
Yeah... I have no problem with an overarching name and I really like the Surfside and Dockside names, but "Endless Summer" sounds like something WDW would announce for a summer promo event at DHS.

Last edited:

I have had the chance to watch International Drive develop and I seriously hope Universal kills off 80 to 90 to 100% of those small hotels

Reactions: Legacy