Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What is the Cabana Bay bus turn-around time? 30 minutes?
If you are asking how long between buses it is continuous. When one bus departs the next one pulls in or another way the bus does not depart til it sees the next one ready to take its spot.
You may sit on the bus waiting to depart for up to 10 minutes. Most of the time much less.
Best service I have seen.

They already do, just not free (yet)

Universal SuperStar Shuttle Service
Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations - Deals- Deal Page

EDIT: Pricing details via Touring Plans:

The shuttle costs $35 round-trip per person (kids under age 3 ride free). Guests arriving between 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. get to use a concierge welcome desk inside the airport terminal's Universal Studios store; those with earlier or later flights will need to call 1-407-513-4455 for pickup. SuperStar service will not deliver luggage to your room like Disney's Magical Express, so you'll need to retrieve it from baggage claim yourself, but child car seats are provided if requested when booking. SuperStar airport transfers can be added to a Universal Vacation reservation by calling 1-866-604-7557.
I now always just grab a cab. Runs about $55 oneway to RP. For as many you can jamb in there. Straight to hotel. Not multiple me stops like the shuttle. Cab will stop at a store if you need to grab something. Departing, I just walk out front and the valet waves a guy up and poof, you are off to the airport. 0 wait time. Same rate applies. About $30 more than the shuttle for 2 people but zero hassle.

Reactions: Coasted
Installation is also extremely easy and it’s very durable. I installed them in my RV and we’ve also put them in all our testing rooms at my office (where they get very wet every day).

The commercial stuff runs about $2-3/ft, and cuts are made with a flippin utility knife. It’s perfectly ideal for a value hotel.

Most people do- even if they don’t know it. Know why? Look at anyone (including me) who gets wood floors in a room. What’s the first thing they do? Put a giant ass throw rug that’s carpeted down on top of it. :)

In this situation, I prefer the vinyl flooring. Much better for cost, durability and cleaning. Carpet in Portofino would be preferred.

You should hear me and why wife argue about putting carpet versus hardwood in a new house....

Not seeing anything about this so far that would make it a different Value category than Cabana Bay, unless it's the fact that it's not as close in proximity to any park now that Volcano Bay is open.

Most Cabana guests still take the 5-minute bus ride to the main 2 parks. This won't feel much different in that regard.

Proximity and amenities. Definitely no bowling alley or lazy river. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a food court either. They didn't mention one anywhere that I've seen yet.

Seems like they want this up fast.

It's supposed to open in one year. This thing is going to go up real fast.

So these new ones will total 2800 rooms. Being conservative, that's 5600 peeps fully booked. What's a bus capacity? 60? So that's 93 busloads more or less. Wow....I hope they theme the bus queues.

If you are asking how long between buses it is continuous. When one bus departs the next one pulls in or another way the bus does not depart til it sees the next one ready to take its spot.
You may sit on the bus waiting to depart for up to 10 minutes. Most of the time much less.
As Joe says...Exactly. And often, at busy times, there's two buses waiting to load. As one loads & departs, the second loads, and as that one leaves another is often arriving. The turnaround is quick and the wait inconsequential ....It's not like Disney hotels. where one pulls up and loads, then you have to wait 20 or more minutes for the next one to that park.

Last edited:
So these new ones will total 2800 rooms. Being conservative, that's 5600 peeps fully booked. What's a bus capacity? 60? So that's 93 busloads more or less. Wow....I hope they theme the bus queues.

Especially with early morning access to the parks. The bus journey will probably spend more time at the lights at the corner of Universal Blvd and I Drive. If a decent walkway is made, you'll probably be quicker walking. It's a little over a mile to CityWalk plus you could go enter the side entrance to CityWalk and save a good chunk of time going through security.

Especially with early morning access to the parks. The bus journey will probably spend more time at the lights at the corner of Universal Blvd and I Drive. If a decent walkway is made, you'll probably be quicker walking. It's a little over a mile to CityWalk plus you could go enter the side entrance to CityWalk and save a good chunk of time going through security.
Exactly. Given the price, the guests will be trying to maximize value. I envision 3 to 4 thousand peeps at 7am stacking up for the bus. Hence Endless Summer I guess.

As Joe says...Exactly. And often, at busy times, there's two buses waiting to load. As one loads & departs, the second loads, and as that one leaves another is often arriving. The turnaround is quick and the wait inconsequential ....It's not like Disney hotels. where one pulls up and loads, then you have to wait 20 or more minutes for the next one to that park.

that's been my experience leaving the CBBR, leaving CW at a popular time might not be as efficient, bit typically not too crazy of a wait.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a food court either. They didn't mention one anywhere that I've seen yet.
Let's not get crazy. A food court is not a luxurious amenity. It's providing your guests with a place to eat. All of Disney's value hotels have food courts, I would expect this would be no different.

Reactions: jrn14