Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

SO, after not getting to stay at Surfside due to the Thomas Cook kerfuffle and happily settling for the Avanti Palms in October 2019.

We had Orlando booked for October 2020, just a week Avanti again.

We had New York booked for April, officially kerfuffled...

We have now decided to extend Orlando and book Dockside for two weeks, something I actually plan WILL happen this year :lol:

SO, after not getting to stay at Surfside due to the Thomas Cook kerfuffle and happily settling for the Avanti Palms in October 2019.

We had Orlando booked for October 2020, just a week Avanti again.

We had New York booked for April, officially kerfuffled...

We have now decided to extend Orlando and book Dockside for two weeks, something I actually plan WILL happen this year :lol:
I really like the Avanti Palms. Particularly their King rooms.

Tossing this here. An epic photograph when you consider that much of it, from bottom to horizon top is mostly Universal Orlando Resort.

So that is the EU lot? Damn, do not think I've seen this angle before. Awesome perspective of the resort as a whole and what its becoming and where it all is in relevance to one another.

Phase 1 was in March and Phase 2 sometime in September for HHN was my understanding.
I kind of feel like a couple of the Universal hotels won’t re-open for the next year or so based on demand.

I could see Dockside being one of them, but it feels like the more premium hotels will have a harder time hitting capacity.

I kind of feel like a couple of the Universal hotels won’t re-open for the next year or so based on demand.

I could see Dockside being one of them, but it feels like the more premium hotels will have a harder time hitting capacity.

There's 2 trains of thoughts for this:
  1. Universal want guests to spend the most as possible when visiting which means potentially keeping the cheaper hotels closed.
  2. If Universal needs to put on a promotion, it's better to reduce the prices of the higher end hotels. As a crazy example, charging CBBR prices for Hard Rock would be a wildly tempting offer and one that will probably never happen again.

Last edited:
There's 2 trains of thoughts for this:
  1. Universal want guests to spend the most as possible when visiting which means potentially keeping the cheaper hotels closed.
  2. If Universal needs to put on a promotion, it's better to reduce the prices of the higher end hotels. As a crazy example, charging CBBR prices for Hard Rock would be a wildly tempting offer and one that will probably never happen again.
#2 would get me to stay just because

Probably a gradual phasing in with a mix of both high end and the others to reach a broader guest economic/demographic spectrum....They started redoing the Portofino rooms a couple of months ago, rooms so it probably would make sense to open that last of the three deluxe resorts.