Universal Goes Back in Time and Jumps Forward | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Goes Back in Time and Jumps Forward

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
whatshotfeb.jpg

Adriana has this month's report, with news on the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan, General Electric/Comcast and the Central Park area. Check it out: http://insideuniversal.net/2013/02/whats-hot-in-hollywood-universal-goes-back-in-time-and-jumps-forward/

Also interesting to note this:

8485948785_016558b6a9_c.jpg

^ Totally agree. No way is the upcoming central park going to he a PRIVATE picnic area, they're most likely talking about the other employee picnic area, especially considering they wouldn't advertise a picnic area on a current advertisement that isn't ready.

Otherwise, great article :)

Oh wow, I'm gonna have to watch that when I'm not in a room full of people...

Back on subject though - I don't exactly know who that flyer is getting sent to? Is that getting mailed out to companies or passed around or what? Since that's clearly aimed at businesses and not the general public. Do they even offer picnic packages to the general public? I don't recall ever seeing any.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Hate to rain on theories, but:

2. The private picnic area, while yes CP will be one as well, is probably referring to the one they currently now use: the area just outside the Gibson amphitheater.
No need to worry. You provide excellent insight into the parks, which I always look forward to reading.

But your second point is valid. We were more thinking along the times of, "Universal seems committed to this picnic idea - especially when you factor in the construction that's going to take place at the Gibson. There must be other locations on the lot for them to use."

I'm not sure how disruptive the Harry Potter construction is going to be, but I'm guessing it could affect any possible picnic area already in use within that area. Hence the notion that Universal could use the proposed "Central Park" area as a second place. Then again, I'm sure there are more picnic areas I'm not aware of. We just thought it was an interesting flyer.

I've amended the post to include your post. Thanks, Schmosby!

Last edited by a moderator: