Universal Great Britain | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The general public will obviously be asking (even though it makes long term financial sense) why payments are being given to a huge corporation like Comcast
I don’t think it’s at all a given that it makes long term financial sense for anyone other than Comcast.

Reactions: Altonsky
I don’t think it’s at all a given that it makes long term financial sense for anyone other than Comcast.
Potentially yeah, I see where you’re coming from. I do genuinely think it’d be a net positive in the long run for this country. But the taxpayer is going have to fork over a substantial sum of money, that’s not something I personally disagree with.

We give billions of pounds in tax breaks to Comcast and other production companies so they film here, but we make a lot and those tax breaks bolster our extraordinary creative industry, they allow it to thrive.

I do genuinely think the same could happen here.

But Comcast obviously have vested interests, they’re pretty nailed on imo and they want to open up shop here which is why they’re doing all the PR stuff such as community engagement which is great. But it’s kind of all fluff really isn’t it because like I said it’s the bean counters in London that make the decisions and they’re very unforgiving.