Universal Great Britain | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My idea for the premier ride of this park: The Great Universal Movie Ride (final name subject to change)

The T-Rex escape from Jurassic Park, a scene taking inspiration from Hollywoods Jaws but but with an animatronic more in line with the Orlando version (RIP), the ending of Back to the Future in Courthouse Square, a recreation of the Earthquake scene… The ending of ET would be the final scene to end on an emotional note. Maybe start with an older movie like Frankenstein.

This would be at the front of the park in Hollywood and in the queue there would be a video of Steven Spielberg and Christopher Nolan discussing the magic of the movies.
I want this in Florida!

Reactions: gator
Ok, I see that if they will build the park in Uk, Luton is a great place, just between the UK two biggest cities with and international airport plus 45m from Heathrow. L = Luton no London.
I didi’t change my mind that there is better places in Europe, but in UK Luton is the best. I think that they have taken this decision thinking almost exclusively for UK market, EU market is a plus.

I don't want to say that I said it but I said it. :innocent: I was the fist to pinpoint the area/location. No insider only logic.
:yum

It's nice that the land purchase is confirmed but hard to really get excited until more plans are revealed and there's an official groundbreaking. There have just been so many unsuccessful proposals to build a "world-class" park in London and the UK. Of course, with Universal financially backing the park things could be different but a lot still has to go right before this is a reality. Does the local community mind having a massive tourist destination nearby?

Just important to remember that an announcement doesn't guarantee this will actually happen. I know a lot has changed in the past few years, but there were plans to build in the UAE/Russia/Germany/Korea at one point as well...

I can’t wait for the future YouTube videos about the “Universal Decade.” It’s been incredible. AND this is just the stuff we know about.
I just realized something.

It’s not the “Universal Decade.” If this park opens in 2030 it’s the culmination of a turnaround that went on for 2 decades :dizzy:

All of this started when the boy who lived came to Florida, and I was there on that fateful day :relieved:

Last edited:
Very very exciting news that we potentially have a brand new park on our hands, and I love the idea that incredible attractions like Jurassic World Adventure won't be locked behind a trip to China anymore. And new, exclusive attractions based on Pokemon, Mario, Potter, Minions, and other properties is incredibly exciting!

Of course, it's a bit hard to get too excited without any actual plans for anything atm. For now, I think Epic is gonna be the main event for me for a long while. Given how long these things normally take, I'd imagine once the Epic hype train starts to die down a bit into 2026 is when we'll start getting the juiciest details on UGB.

Very very exciting news that we potentially have a brand new park on our hands, and I love the idea that incredible attractions like Jurassic World Adventure won't be locked behind a trip to China anymore. And new, exclusive attractions based on Pokemon, Mario, Potter, Minions, and other properties is incredibly exciting!

Of course, it's a bit hard to get too excited without any actual plans for anything atm. For now, I think Epic is gonna be the main event for me for a long while. Given how long these things normally take, I'd imagine once the Epic hype train starts to die down a bit into 2026 is when we'll start getting the juiciest details on UGB.
I REALLY hope they don’t make Luigi’s Mansion unique to this park…

Probably Minions, DreamWorks, Bond, Paddington, JP, WW, and some sort of classic hollywood entrance or something. Maybe an unmentioned land too.
The JP/JW land that appeared in the early leaked concept art looks like what they have in USB. For Jurassic they will probably go with whatever iteration of the franchise is ongoing when the park is under construction with the same ride system from USB. Or maybe it will be an entirely different type of ride.

I am more interested to see what they will do with DreamWorks and Illumination. Will they have catch all areas with a mix of IPs or a single dedicated land to one IP like Shrek?

Throwing our article in

A Universal Theme Park may be headed to the United Kingdom. Universal has confirmed they have purchased land near London and are in the initial stages of exploring a potential resort.

It’s a great chance for universal to come up with new concepts on how to layout a park and putting lands in different places.

Not sure if they wanted people to know so soon, but they weren’t gonna be able to keep it a secret for too long ;)

Just hope they know the vibe is generally positive for them to open a park here.

It’s a great chance for universal to come up with new concepts on how to layout a park and putting lands in different places.

Not sure if they wanted people to know so soon, but they weren’t gonna be able to keep it a secret for too long ;)

Just hope they know the vibe is generally positive for them to open a park here.

Like how Americans like to go clockwise and Brits like to go anti clockwise? Always made evident by who goes where at Epcot.

• Haha
Reactions: Chessy