Universal Great Britain | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve thought for a while that Universal Great Britain legit could just take Hollywood Boulevard and Jurassic World - Isla Nublar from Universal Beijing and just completely clone those areas for UGB. The only changes you would have to make is putting a new show in the Majestic Theatre (Given that Untrainable is coming to Orlando) and maaaaaybe replace Raptor Encounter at JW with a new Meet & Greet show

Reactions: Elijah Abrams
and maaaaaybe replace Raptor Encounter at JW with a new Meet & Greet show
I don't think they'd have an issue including the Raptor Encounter as is. Even if the park may list it as an "attraction", it really is a character experience. It's very essential to any Jurassic World land, and I don't think it would fall under the alleged "no Orlando clones" rule for this park.

I don't think they'd have an issue including the Raptor Encounter as is. Even if the park may list it as an "attraction", it really is a character experience. It's very essential to any Jurassic World land, and I don't think it would fall under the alleged "no Orlando clones" rule for this park.
If it all is situated in Isla Britania and the raptor handlers have a britisch accent it'll be unique. On the other hand, lets not overthink this.

Judging by rumours then I’d say the entry plaza will be very similar to USB with a grand hotel over the entry. And judging by EU these signature hotels may be a part of future park designs?

Other than this I’m not sure what to expect, of course I’m sure they’ll be some original ideas and concepts. One thing I could definitely see them carrying over is the JW world ride from Beijing. They already have the blueprints for it so I suspect it wouldn’t cost too much to replicate. Fun to speculate but who knows.

(…or better). I hope that’s Universal Creative’s motto as they work on the plan for USGB. I love the idea that there will be no duplicate rides or attractions from Orlando, but only if what they build is just as good (or better) than the wonders they’ve created in Orlando.
Their mantra should be, 'better than what's come before.' They should have the aim of outdoing anything Universal has done before, and maybe they won't succeed everywhere but they will at least make a Park that is as good as anything else they've done.

What if you get an original coaster that’s just as good
Martial Arts What GIF by Shaw Brothers

Reactions: xtpower and Steeb
Question: would anyone consider Transformers and Spider-Man to be “cloned attractions”?

I am assuming no.

Given this, could we see The Hobbit at one park (GB or EU) and LotR at another park with the same ride system, but just rethemed to that particular property?

I’m assuming LOTR would be the anchor of this park if it were to move forward?

I wonder if EU is still in possible contention for the land or something else is planned for the large expansion pad?

Reactions: Steeb
I’m assuming LOTR would be the anchor of this park if it were to move forward?

I wonder if EU is still in possible contention for the land or something else is planned for the large expansion pad?
Hopefully it’s just a HP situation where they divvy up the same IP between multiple parks.

Do LotR at one park then The Hobbit at another.

Or, instead of covering time periods, cover different areas of the sprawling LotR world. Gondor, Moria, the Misty Mountains, Rivendell, Mordor, etc all could support some attractions.

Reactions: Steeb and OrlLover
Hopefully it’s just a HP situation where they divvy up the same IP between multiple parks.

Do LotR at one park then The Hobbit at another.

Or, instead of covering time periods, cover different areas of the sprawling LotR world. Gondor, Moria, the Misty Mountains, Rivendell, Mordor, etc all could support some attractions.
I hope for the same.