Universal Great Britain | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've heard rumours saying that because people aren't going to the cinema in the numbers they used to. Universal might be making a theme park to promote movies. So instead of making rides based on popular movies from the past they will make rides based on movies that aren't released yet in order to promote them.

How do you even go about building a park like this?

I've heard rumours saying that because people aren't going to the cinema in the numbers they used to. Universal might be making a theme park to promote movies. So instead of making rides based on popular movies from the past they will make rides based on movies that aren't released yet in order to promote them.
You're absolutely right. As we type, Universal Creative are designing an entire theme park around Trolls 4 - Trolls Band Together Again. It's going to be a barnstormer of a movie and wonder of a theme park.

Rachel Reeves. From her speech this morning
  • Decisions on large projects will be taken nationally, rather than locally
I think there's pretty much zero chance that the new government will make it impossible for Universal to invest in Bedford, and today's speech by the new Chancellor just confirms that for me. But aren't large projects already decided nationally? Here's the list of the 232 national infrastructure projects which are already being considered or have been approved by the National Planning Inspectorate. What the previous government agreed to, and what I hope the new government will continue with, is an even more unusual approach to planning permission, the Special Development Order.

8th July today - weren’t there rumours that we might see/hear something today? Perhaps ref a planning application going in. Or were these rumours quashed/never very credible?
I've not spotted any news so far. It might be that the source of the rumours were overtaken by events (the election), or perhaps wishful thinking by whoever suggested today would see some news. Or maybe we'll see something this afternoon?

Wow, this is so incorrect lol.

So erm…

Shrek 5 then!

If this park goes ahead it’ll be due a few years after this new film. Could an immersive Shrek land be on the cards…

“Shrek is coming out and Donkey’s gonna have his own movie."

Shrek needs a land at somewhere at UOR to truly do the IP justice. the play ground in USF doesn't cut it. Maybe Shrek can also get a land either in IOA or within the 20 acre expansion plot at EU.

Reactions: yepthatguy
Shrek needs a land at somewhere at UOR to truly do the IP justice. the play ground in USF doesn't cut it. Maybe Shrek can also get a land either in IOA or within the 20 acre expansion plot at EU.

That’d be cool, but might mean it then won’t happen in the UK / GB park if there is a no clone rule.

I can see it now, never mind butter beer… Irn-Bru concession stalls.

Kung Fu Panda getting its own land in Beijing gives me hope that we could see a full-blown Shrek land, hopefully here because we technically have it covered with Dreamworks land. I’d rather them spend more time and money with a more of a focus on the Shrek property (and Puss in Boots, the sequel is one of my favorite movies ever) because what they made at Studios doesn’t cut it. We don’t need Trolls!!!

I’ve only heard that the land at Singapore isn’t that great, but I am optimistic that with way more time to work on it, UK can give us a better Shrek land.

Kung Fu Panda getting its own land in Beijing gives me hope that we could see a full-blown Shrek land, hopefully here because we technically have it covered with Dreamworks land. I’d rather them spend more time and money with a more of a focus on the Shrek property (and Puss in Boots, the sequel is one of my favorite movies ever) because what they made at Studios doesn’t cut it. We don’t need Trolls!!!

I’ve only heard that the land at Singapore isn’t that great, but I am optimistic that with way more time to work on it, UK can give us a better Shrek land.
According to a LinkedIn post from someone who works at Universal Creative, there is a new project slated to open at USS in 2029, and unless they somehow expand outwards into the golf course area, (there have been rumors that Resort World Sentosa is looking to purchase/use it for resort expansion) it sounds like the area that will have to be removed is Far Far Away. Which makes sense because it doesn't live up to the fully potential of the Shrek IP and could become dated once the Shrek IP is relaunched with Shrek 5.

Reactions: Thorin Groth
Far Far Away for Epic Universe PLEASE! Complete with a movie-accurate Friar's Fat Boy! Featuring Renaissance Wraps, curly fries, and Medieval Meals that come with authentic battle axes!

Reactions: Steeb