Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They’ve done crazier things, we have no idea how long this has been in the works. But we can get a rough idea if we look back at this time last year, this rumor kinda formulated and came out of nowhere. So maybe it’s farther along then we think.

Especially since I think it’s likely that these houses may not be 100% brand new from the ground up if you catch my drift.

But like I had already said, let’s wait and see. The next few months will either keep this theory afloat or sink it.

I'm not talking about the design process - of course they're fairly far along. But they haven't even broken ground, and physical construction in a heavily populated metro like Vegas is not going to happen overnight, no matter how motivated they are.

I'm not talking about the design process - of course they're fairly far along. But they haven't even broken ground, and physical construction in a heavily populated metro like Vegas is not going to happen overnight, no matter how motivated they are.
I’m talking about the perspective that if this doesn’t break ground in the next month or so, they probably aren’t in a huge rush. But if it does, they probably wanna see some sort of opening by Halloween. But the other part of me says if they were trying to go for a Halloween date they would of went and just said it in Todays announcement.

It’s still a let’s wait and see game.

I should have recognized the name. Area51 is a very cool little attraction

I know a few people think this will only have one maze....and maybe but Area51 has a few different things you can do so while maybe it has one maze no way it will just be bars and one maze they will have an escape room or some VR attractions as well. I mean maybe they will draw people in with one maze but....unless its truly the best maze ever I don't see how many people would come over from the strip to this without more then one thing to do

Has the concept art been posted here yet? I haven't seen it and just came across it myself.
universal-las-vegas-horror-art-jack.jpeg

I should have recognized the name. Area51 is a very cool little attraction

I know a few people think this will only have one maze....and maybe but Area51 has a few different things you can do so while maybe it has one maze no way it will just be bars and one maze they will have an escape room or some VR attractions as well. I mean maybe they will draw people in with one maze but....unless its truly the best maze ever I don't see how many people would come over from the strip to this without more then one thing to do
. . .Area15

• Haha
Reactions: Grits0808
I'm 99% sure this agreement is tied into Universal buying into Blumhouse/Atomic Monster JV. Blumhouse gets the IPs, Wan creates Originals, Universal markets and brands the IPs using this sells merch. Everyone profits.

I'm 99% sure this agreement is tied into Universal buying into Blumhouse/Atomic Monster JV. Blumhouse gets the IPs, Wan creates Originals, Universal markets and brands the IPs using this sells merch. Everyone profits.
What makes you so sure? They literally have a silhouette of jack there and the building says universal.

What makes you so sure? They literally have a silhouette of jack there and the building says universal.
There doesn't even need to be IP related attractions here tbh. It could be all original creations and since it's Vegas, people are still going to pay are Universal is going to make stupid money.

Would IPs help? Sure. But it's honestly not necessary for this to be a popular and successful attraction.

I could see an IP house switching out seasonally (or opening in conjunction with a movie?) as among the haunt walkthroughs they offer. For example, since they work so well with the Halloween licensee I could see them moving a Halloween house to the new experience after it's done at the main HHN event. Or they could ship in guest favorite and highly rated originals as a 'best of' collection. They could open a house and have the movie opening night here! The ideas are endless.

This wording:
The space will also feature a continuously-updated experience with seasonal events.
and part of the Atomic Monster/Blumhouse/Universal deal is:

The move would theoretically allow each company to boost their output of films, while giving Atomic Monster the freedom to utilize Blumhouse’s existing infrastructure. Wan further discussed being hopeful about expanding into other realms such as podcasts, gaming, live experiences, and more.

The New York Times also noted that if a deal were to close, Wan would hold a substantial stake in Blumhouse, while Blum would still retain majority ownership of the company and Universal would be the third highest stakeholder.

^How does that translate blumhouse or any other IP?!?!? It literally states that the experiences will not stay the same and they will have different seasonal things throughout the year in addition to the permanent offerings. There was no mention of any IP or theme or anything other than it will stay fresh.

This is def gonna be more than just a maze(s) and a bar. . .
With a variety of unique, immersive, fantastic horror-centric experiences that surround high energy food and beverage spaces by day turned haunting bars and eateries by night, the new concept marks the first time Universal has created a permanent horror experience beyond its theme parks. It will deliver on the thrills and frights its horror fans have come to love and excite anyone looking for a new level of experiential entertainment. The space will also feature a continuously updated experience, must see seasonal events, and one-of-a-kind merchandise.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I really doubt they will feature IPs (If they're doing any) that will also be featured at Hollywood or Orlando the same year they do it. For example, if they do Saw at the venue the same time both coasts do Saw, wouldn't that cannibalize the Hollywood market a little bit? I'm confident a good chunk of people that attend HHNH are from Vegas.

I really doubt they will feature IPs (If they're doing any) that will also be featured at Hollywood or Orlando the same year they do it. For example, if they do Saw at the venue the same time both coasts do Saw, wouldn't that cannibalize the Hollywood market a little bit? I'm confident a good chunk of people that attend HHNH are from Vegas.
ditto...

Also kind of hilarious how many people were stepping their foot down on this not happening

Universal creative has created so much original content and horror worlds to where they would never have to rely on an IP. This is tricky though as historically speaking, the original content gets the most praise at the parks. and the IP's get old after a while. Could this place survive off original content like Jack and scary tales?

Universal creative has created so much original content and horror worlds to where they would never have to rely on an IP. This is tricky though as historically speaking, the original content gets the most praise at the parks. and the IP's get old after a while. Could this place survive off original content like Jack and scary tales?
Without a doubt. The Vegas market goes BALLISTIC for this type of stuff.