Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very similar to this, except this was inside Nick studios.

That is some good old fashioned sublimation metal right there. If you have all the equipment, they're dirt cheap to make too. An 8" x 6" will cost around $1.

For anybody interested in how to make something like this. This is also the same printing method used to make the personalised phone cases in the parks.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Interesting.. Does anyone know if Shrek's second theater is back yet after HHN?
I remember Shrek was a priority to get broke down first last year and was accelerated as Shrek needs 2 theatres during the Holiday time of year normally, so i'd say yes.

Shrek normally doesn't use the 2nd theatre, but when it's as packed as it is now, it's one of the few times of year that it happens.

I remember Shrek was a priority to get broke down first last year and was accelerated as Shrek needs 2 theatres during the Holiday time of year normally, so i'd say yes.

Shrek normally doesn't use the 2nd theatre, but when it's as packed as it is now, it's one of the few times of year that it happens.

More proof that Shrek 4-D isn't going anywhere soon. Heck, itll probably be around until a full Shrek land opens in the 3rd park.

It's not fastpass, it's "queueless". So instead of waiting in a line, you'll get called back for a certain time (prob by text for a test).

The point of queueless is basically what the point of Fastpass originally was: To get people out of lines and into stores/restaurants spending more money.
I hope they don't go full out with it because it also means more crowded walkways.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I hope they don't go full out with it because it also means more crowded walkways.

Not necessarily. It just depends on how they'd do it.

It's not fastpass, it's "queueless". So instead of waiting in a line, you'll get called back for a certain time (prob by text for a test).

The point of queueless is basically what the point of Fastpass originally was: To get people out of lines and into stores/restaurants spending more money.

And considering that Fallon will be most likely be the first one to have this in mind; it makes sense to have Queueless technology start popping up into attractions that need this. I don't expect it happening to all of the attractions, but it is something great to see out of Universal starting to do.

^ So it would be really good for things like DM. Not sure what else.

I'm thinking on whatever in the park has a low capacity will be the ones to benefit off of Return Timed Tickets. I'm surprised that DM isn't the first one out of any attraction to test it, but at this point; I think it'll happen in the near future.

DM:MM needs the return time ticket thing more than anyone. That queue is awful and so slow-moving.

But USF isn't really the kind of park where you could kill a lot of time in between queue less waits. It doesn't have a lot of high-capacity rides or extra entertainment necessary to make this successful, unless they're only planning on using it on 1 or 2 attractions.

Yeah, only for a handful of rides. Universal has invested too much into immersive extravagant queues for their headliner attractions to divert people away from queues that are almost attractions in themselves. Those great queues are capacity eaters in their own way.

This is my fear with it but as long as you can queue while waiting in line for something else, it should be fine.

It will be interesting to see how express is implimented into all this. Whether the 'queueless' system has people using the express queue or they get their own separate entrance.

I'd assume that Fallon will be built with all this in mind?

Reactions: Mike S
DM:MM needs the return time ticket thing more than anyone. That queue is awful and so slow-moving.

But USF isn't really the kind of park where you could kill a lot of time in between queue less waits. It doesn't have a lot of high-capacity rides or extra entertainment necessary to make this successful, unless they're only planning on using it on 1 or 2 attractions.

Think of all the people waiting for Shrek that could be in Hello Kitty :confused:

Reactions: Mike S
Speaking of Hello Kitty. Anyone notice if the crowds have picked up. The times we were there in May & October, it was dead, dead, dead inside the store. It made Lucy look busy by comparison, and there weren't ever many in Lucy.

Don't read a ton into this, but I was in Japan a couple weeks ago and Hello Kitty wasn't nearly as big as I thought it would be. I didn't see nearly as much merch or stores as I expected to see. There was far more Disney stuff...

Reactions: tankart150