Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

We're gonna be more on top of this:

The attraction will be closed from February 2, 2023, until February 10, 2023, for general upkeep and maintenance. @UniversalORL

Universal Orlando has scheduled Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at Islands of Adventure for refurbishment.

The attraction will be closed from February 2, 2023, until February 10, 2023, for general upkeep and maintenance. @UniversalORL

Universal Orlando has scheduled Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at Islands of Adventure for refurbishment.

Glad to see both rides receive some love, even if these winter refurbs are pretty standard. Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent are overhated.

Glad to see both rides receive some love, even if these winter refurbs are pretty standard. Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent are overhated.

I don't think they are "overhated" - just obsolete. There's zero purpose to Lost Continent with its one somewhat decent attraction. Toon Lagoon has great kinetics, but if you don't want to get wet, the land is obsolete and another "just trying to get to Velocicoaster" walkthrough land.

And I say this as someone who believes Lost Continent to be the most well-themed land in IOA and Popeye's listed as the best water ride.

I don't think they are "overhated" - just obsolete. There's zero purpose to Lost Continent with its one somewhat decent attraction. Toon Lagoon has great kinetics, but if you don't want to get wet, the land is obsolete and another "just trying to get to Velocicoaster" walkthrough land.

And I say this as someone who believes Lost Continent to be the most well-themed land in IOA and Popeye's listed as the best water ride.
I understand that but I don’t know why people want these areas replaced so badly, I see them as WAY down on the priority list. Both have large theaters that are no longer in use, I’d much rather see those replaced with additional attractions than see entire lands removed.

I understand that but I don’t know why people want these areas replaced so badly, I see them as WAY down on the priority list. Both have large theaters that are no longer in use, I’d much rather see those replaced with additional attractions than see entire lands removed.

I think there's a belief (understandably) that the land themselves would be worked on in unison with the theaters. The Toon Lagoon theater is a pretty massive space, but it'll feel squeezed in if it doesn't blend in with the surrounding area, same with LC. And you can't just fit in a random IP ride into the Sinbad plot without making the surrounding area feel out of place.

I think there's a belief (understandably) that the land themselves would be worked on in unison with the theaters. The Toon Lagoon theater is a pretty massive space, but it'll feel squeezed in if it doesn't blend in with the surrounding area, same with LC. And you can't just fit in a random IP ride into the Sinbad plot without making the surrounding area feel out of place.
I like the idea of SLoP going into the TL theater spot and work as a transition from MSHI. As for the Sinbad plot I admit I have no idea what they could put there but I would really admire if they could find a way to create an original attraction.

They could retheme both area's to Lord of the Rings Lost continent would/could almost be themed to it already and Poseiden's Fury already has a ring of water in it......