Universal Orlando Resort to Epic Universe Transportation News & Speculation | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort to Epic Universe Transportation News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You dont say! I had no idea. I like using public transportation but it just seems pointless when staying in the I-drive corridor. i use to ride the green bus to seaworld but it was far more difficult to get to universal from public transportation and it was literally across the street!

This will really expand on the existing bus area which has a parking garage attached. The land Universal is pledging is the undeveloped area next to the parking lot here between Destination Parkway and the Beachline:

View attachment 18086
I think the planned station location partially overlaps the current parking lot there too, so I imagine this would involve a complete makeover of everything south of Destination Pkwy and east of the parking garage. They haven't been super clear about the exact station location so I'm not 100% on that though.

Reactions: JoeCamel
This will really expand on the existing bus area which has a parking garage attached. The land Universal is pledging is the undeveloped area next to the parking lot here between Destination Parkway and the Beachline:

View attachment 18086

Each article says something different. Universal dont actually own the land the county put their station on (south of Catchlight Crossings) Uni own the strip the land east of the OCC lot, but thats an easement because theyre high voltage powerlines . When you total up the ROW land and the land they might donate for the train to pass through the easement it comes to 13 acres, I can't imagine a station will be built under power lines but i dont know the local laws. I have been saying for a while I believed the Station would run diagonally through that OCCC lot as thats been constantly designated Intermodal Terminal etc. But its a bit of a mystery at the moment, if its south Catchlight, that plot is owned by AR HHC Holdings Orange County Property Appraiser

Ill show you the graphic I produced a while ago, with the accurate route for the line. Ive been covering this project for a long time and gone through every document in detail but got to admit im still a little miffed on its exactly location. maybe you lot can figure it out. but for me its two possible places it could go, although one would involving purchasing the land from AR HHC first.

The demand is there for value rooms even without Epic, Universal hotels have been operating at ridiculous occupancy rates over the past few years. if it weren't for the road construction required, they would have loved to open it in time for HHN next year lol.

It's reminiscent of Endless Summer with a "prime value" exterior on it. I'm just hoping, as they expand, they become a bit more unique in theming.

After HHN this year, I think they'll abandon the idea of going through Universal BLVD and just go north through Kirkman and enter over by the Tom Williams entrance. Traffic on Universal BLVD was a nightmare this year because of HHN. Not to mention all of the apartments being built by Carrier/Universal BLVD are increasing traffic in the area. Universal BLVD is currently way too small to accommodate all of that traffic plus the buses for Endless. Can't imagine it'll handle 3x the buses.

To continue this here as to not go off topic in the hotel thread.

I had kind of always assumed that the Kirkman Road would be the way to go but looking into this, it's a little more complex than I expected.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 185557.pngScreenshot 2023-11-08 185456.png

Going from the bus stop at Epic to UOR.

Kirkman > I Drive > Universal Blvd
0.3miles shorter.
I Drive has a bus lane.
6 traffic lights
2 right hand turns.

Kirkman > Tom Williams Way > Universal Blvd
0.3 miles longer
3 traffic lights
2 left hand turns.

The right hand turns can make a huge difference in time savings but it's Orlando and all the British tourists don't seem to understand that you can turn right on a red.

Whatever route is faster is possibly switched when going in the opposite direction.

With traffic monitoring, I'm sure the drivers will be able to choose what route to take and having 2 options is kind of a blessing.

To continue this here as to not go off topic in the hotel thread.

I had kind of always assumed that the Kirkman Road would be the way to go but looking into this, it's a little more complex than I expected.

View attachment 20046View attachment 20047

Going from the bus stop at Epic to UOR.

Kirkman > I Drive > Universal Blvd
0.3miles shorter.
I Drive has a bus lane.
6 traffic lights
2 right hand turns.

Kirkman > Tom Williams Way > Universal Blvd
0.3 miles longer
3 traffic lights
2 left hand turns.

The right hand turns can make a huge difference in time savings but it's Orlando and all the British tourists don't seem to understand that you can turn right on a red.

Whatever route is faster is possibly switched when going in the opposite direction.

With traffic monitoring, I'm sure the drivers will be able to choose what route to take and having 2 options is kind of a blessing.

Great point on the last sentence, they can change routes depending on traffic is a huge benefit.

Thinking it through a bit more, assuming they go from the UOR Hub > Universal BLVD > Kirkman, they'll have to make a pretty busy right-hand turn onto Kirkman that's pretty annoying at the moment with traffic from the garages exiting right there as well.

Either route however is far quicker than most Disney resort routes. If Universal can find a way to maintain their really good bus operations at the moment, we should be fine. I just hope Universal can convince the city/county to clean up that portion of I-Drive.

Reactions: Scott W.