Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Parks 4th Quarter 2022 Fiscal Results

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
*Revenue up 12% . $2.1 Billion in Fourth Quarter
*Adjusted EBITDA up 16% to $782 million in the Fourth quarter
*Universal said the strong performance was due to attendance that surpassed the pre covid levels in Orlando, Hollywood & Japan
*CEO Roberts said they're seeing strong demand in 2023 . They expect the attendance surge to continue in 2023.

Last edited:
*Revenue up 12% . $2.1 Billion in Fourth Quarter
*Adjusted EBITDA up 16% to $782 million in the Fourth quarter
*Universal said the strong performance was due to attendance that surpassed the pre covid levels in Orlando, Hollywood & Japan
*CEO Roberts said they're seeing strong demand in 2023 . They expect the attendance surge to continue in 2023.
Y over Y numbers were also very impressive. Rev. up 149.3% to 7.5 B and EBITA 1.4B to 2.76B Good year indeed. Can you imargine the numbers when EPIC opens

Y over Y numbers were also very impressive. Rev. up 149.3% to 7.5 B and EBITA 1.4B to 2.76B Good year indeed. Can you imagine the numbers when EPIC opens
What I found most intriguing was Robert's 2023 anticipated attendance remarks. WDW has a number of discount packages for 2023. That generally means
that advance bookings are not where they want them to be. Robert's is expecting a continued surge in Universal attendance. That may be an indicator that Chapek's
policies that lessened a WDW vacation experience, and ignored Disney's AP clientele, are really catching up to Disney in Orlando. Universal may be gaining significant market share,
especially with that Central Florida customer base that Disney was relegating to a lesser importance.

Plus, it was mentioned that International Attendance was "flat" Any increase for 2023 will be a big plus (but wonder how well the existing parks can handle the increases comfortably -especially during the traditional busy times) From a purely
a selfish standpoint, I miss the low hotel prices and occupancy rates during Covid as well as in the Park crowds. .

Plus, it was mentioned that International Attendance was "flat" Any increase for 2023 will be a big plus (but wonder how well the existing parks can handle the increases comfortably -especially during the traditional busy times) From a purely
a selfish standpoint, I miss the low hotel prices and occupancy rates during Covid as well as in the Park crowds. .
Yes, I agree with you. Hate to keep harping on it, but UO really needs to help alleviate their capacity issues, especially at Studios. No time to build new attractions, but a return of some live
entertainment and a new parade would help. There's always actors and musicians looking for full time work. There's not a lot of full time gigs in either profession.

Same but its why I have a premium pass,,,,if I show up after 3PM can still basically walk on rides/shows

The other key here, is Universal emphasized a significant increase in attendance. We often see these fiscal reports from Disney/Universal/Cedar Fair etc. ballyhoo about revenue increases,
but, with no mention of attendance, and admission that the revenue increases were primarily due to increased food, merchandise, ticket, hotel increases. And then, a statement by Roberts that
they expect the attendance splurge to continue into 2023. Now, that emphasis on attendance is consequential and telling.

I love that Universal being aggressive and moving into untapped market. Hope this forces others to respond....Disneyland Texas would be fun to see as well

From my visit this past weekend, I am expecting Q1 2023 revenue to jump 23489%.

I forgot just how bad Rock the Universe crowds are. 155 minute wait for Hulk at one point in the day...