Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Power Pass replacement fee?

Am I the only one that still has a valid plastic Universal AP? They don't offer them anymore, but as long as you have one and renew it, it's still valid. My Uni AP is almost 10 years old!

Received a call from guest services today even though I checked off the "No need to reply" box. I talked with Carly about bringing the plastic APs back. When I arrived home I also had an email noting our conversation and her direct phone line. Much better follow up than I expected.

The request was forwarded to the AP department. Hopefully if they receive enough requests they will bring them back!

20 Bucks says your the only one who gets a reply like that.

Unfortunately I missed the call, but I did receive a voicemail and email from Guest Services (Denise) regarding the AP plastic card request.

She said Universal was having an issue with guests losing their plastic IDs and having to have them reprinted. The paper cards are more cost effective for Universal. She also mentioned that it was fine to have them replaced for whatever reason (but didn't mention the fee).

Unfortunately I missed the call, but I did receive a voicemail and email from Guest Services (Denise) regarding the AP plastic card request.

She said Universal was having an issue with guests losing their plastic IDs and having to have them reprinted. The paper cards are more cost effective for Universal. She also mentioned that it was fine to have them replaced for whatever reason (but didn't mention the fee).

Well then don't reprint them. If someone loses their plastic ID, replace it with paper. Charge more if they want another plastic one.

Not really buying that, they use them for hotel key cards so they can't cost that much.
Also it would be an upcharge, if you lose your plastic (upcharged) card you pay for another. IMO if you make people pay for a replacement they will be more responsable with the original, within reason.

That excuse makes no sense because they could just charge ten dollars for the replacement of a plastic card or more.

It is sad they are willing to dish that to people since paper never takes ten dollars to print. The entire thing is punishment for losing an easy to ruin an disintegrate card

Well then don't reprint them. If someone loses their plastic ID, replace it with paper. Charge more if they want another plastic one.

^ Exactly! This! ^

BTW, I haven't gotten and e-mail or call back (yet?)

EDIT: I just got a call from a lovely rep. They don't have plastic APs, as we already know, but she said that she would forward my suggestion to the marketing department, I believe. So if you guys want plastic APs again, let them know! If they see enough demand they might get them!
Also, the rep cleared up again that fees are only charged if you don't have the pass (lost, stolen, etc.), but if you have the pass that is faded or damaged, they will take it and re-print it for free as many times as necessary. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I'll leave a comment/request as well. It would be AWESOME if my paper one was replaced with plastic....the paper ones eventually fade and become a lot harder for the scanners to read, Plastic honestly makes more sense.