Universal Price Increase - 2014 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Price Increase - 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Had went to UO website yesterday and saved items in my cart so I could purchase them today. Went back to my cart a few hours ago and the items were gone and the prices had increased. I called Universal and they confirmed it had went up. They could not give me the old pricing because "prices are subject to change" blah blah blah

Post from Orlando Informer outlining the increase:

PRICE INCREASE ALERT: As of May 17 Universal has pushed through their 2013 price increase on all Base and Park-to-Park tickets. Here are the old and new prices (please note that these are Universal's online prices, not gate prices):

1-Day Base – was $88.00, now $92.00.
2-Day Base – was $120.00, now 125.99.
3-Day Base – was $135.99, now $140.99.
4-Day Base – was $145.99, now $150.99.
1-Day Park-to-Park – was $123.00, now $128.00.
2-Day Park-to-Park – was $139.99, now $146.99.
3-Day Park-to-Park – was $152.99, now $159.99.
4-Day Park-to-Park – was $159.99, now $167.99.
3-Park Unlimited – was $179.99, still $179.99.

This increase pushes us over the line we hope we'd never get to but all knew we would eventually: A 1-day Base ticket with tax and fees is $100.13 - it's now costs over a hundred bucks to visit one of Universal's parks for one day.

Am I the only one who thinks that paying over $100 for a 1-day base ticket is a little outrageous? I would probably pay that much for IOA but not Studios, at least not until the new Harry Potter expansion is done.

The 1-day base which now coast $100.13 is there to serve as a decoy more than anything. It's there and you can buy it if you wish, but with all the other ticket options that are only slightly more money, it's main purpose is to make people spend a little extra money and possibly help to have people spend an extra day or two on property that they wouldn't have otherwise.

The 1-day base which now coast $100.13 is there to serve as a decoy more than anything. It's there and you can buy it if you wish, but with all the other ticket options that are only slightly more money, it's main purpose is to make people spend a little extra money and possibly help to have people spend an extra day or two on property that they wouldn't have otherwise.

Exactly right. They want you to stay longer on property, so the 3-4 day tickets have a much lower average price than a 1-day ticket.

Excelent Point. You go from $92 for one day one park to $170 4 day Two Park. So your looking at $78 to add the other park and 3 more days.

Wow. I can't believe we finally hit $100 for 1-day 1-park. And I can't believe Universal did it before Disney.

Wow. I can't believe we finally hit $100 for 1-day 1-park. And I can't believe Universal did it before Disney.
Universal has been increasing their prices before Disney for a few years now. I don't think Disney minds either because it gives them an excuse to raise their prices.

I just expected Disney to hit that benchmark first. But let's face it. Universal increasing it before also shows their current leader/not a follower position in the theme park market.

And at least when they've been raising prices as of late, it's alongside a flashy new attraction.

Am I the only one who thinks that paying over $100 for a 1-day base ticket is a little outrageous? I would probably pay that much for IOA but not Studios, at least not until the new Harry Potter expansion is done.

Just playing devil's advocate here: A hundred bucks *is* on par with other entertainment experiences --- say, tickets to a major concert or sporting event. That being said, all those things are overpriced.