The Future of PortAventura | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still very early for specifics, current projected opening by the end of the decade. IP mix also not 100%, don’t want to mislead with things that can change, but a full fledge big budget park with unique attractions to standout from orlando. Not a kids park,
There was a Disney YouTuber (WDWPro) that claimed Germany was also in the running for a European Universal park. But regardless, maybe should Universal get PortAventura, that can be a Frisco level kids park and this UK park can be the flagship Universal European park. But considering the UK weather, would this be a largely indoor park?

Dont get it, why the lack of trust in regards to Spain, but all of the suden all this trust for the UK just by a post with almost no information?
Because Tomfoolery has had a more prominent accuracy streak with UC rumors beyond that of simply one project.

If anything I’d argue this is a reckless and ballsy way of saying “yeah so this is happening”; and I hope it doesn’t fall flat on their face.

Because Tomfoolery has had a more prominent accuracy streak with UC rumors beyond that of simply one project.

If anything I’d argue this is a reckless and ballsy way of saying “yeah so this is happening”; and I hope it doesn’t fall flat on their face.
If Tomfoolery is indeed right about this UK Universal park being not only real, but being ready to open by the end of the decade, is it possible we could get official confirmation from Universal once Epic is up and running? I would assume that in order to have a park up and running by the end of this decade you would have to break ground around the 2025-2026 timeframe.

One would imagine if they have the land and know it’s safe to announce it—it’d be within the next year or two. To give people heads up before a breaking of the dirt would occur months or longer than that (like how Horror Unleashed and Frisco got announced).

Reactions: TheUniC6
Dont get it, why the lack of trust in regards to Spain, but all of the suden all this trust for the UK just by a post with almost no information?

Just my two cents because this needs to be said, but I don't think users here lack trust about what's being reported for PortAventura. These rumors have been present for a while now, and long before they were discussed here. What I see is hesitation to believe Universal actually signed the deal, yet.

In regards to Tomfoolery, he's a trusted source. And if you read what he posted, he acknowledged that things are subject to change in regard to specifics. Dan Cooper on the other hands gave promises for announcements from Universal that never came through. That's the difference.

@UER I'd actually bring up that IUForum (and OU/USHForums respectively for their times separate) have always been a place where larger rumors like larger additions have not been unfeasible to see). True people know the days when Andy or Disneyhead would give us glimpses to the past in ways we didn't think was possible.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Well, in regards to IPs that is, but he is confirming a full park like Orlando for the UK and not a kids park like the one in Frisco.

What Alex said. But also I feel the need to say this, and I can't speak for everyone, but I can assure you there's no animosity towards Spain here. For me personally it's quite the opposite. Dov'è I'amore is my favorite Cher song. I think Maluma is handsome. I eat tacos every Tuesday. I appreciate most things Spanish and I'm sure many users here do. There's no ill will and I hope it doesn't come off as if this forum is anti-Spain because it's simply not true.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Hi, everyone!

If it ends happening what Tomfoolery has said it would be a big shock for many people in Europe. To build a park in an island outside EU with the worst weather in Europe it would be beyond anyones comprehension. It makes more sense in tandem with DLP in Paris, around EuropaPark in Germany that there is a really densely populated area or get a nice weather and go to PortAventura near Barcelona. But either way it would be good news for parkgoers in Europe.

Hi, everyone!

If it ends happening what Tomfoolery has said it would be a big shock for many people in Europe. To build a park in an island outside EU with the worst weather in Europe it would be beyond anyones comprehension. It makes more sense in tandem with DLP in Paris, around EuropaPark in Germany that there is a really densely populated area or get a nice weather and go to PortAventura near Barcelona. But either way it would be good news for parkgoers in Europe.
“The worst weather in Europe”

The UK climate isn’t that much different from Paris (except we tend to get less snow). Non-Brits don’t understand just how hot and humid it can be here.

From my point of view the worst weather is that that is chilly with rain and wind, which the worst is in Irland folow by UK. Paris and specially Germany could be colder in winter but is less rainy and windy and in summer are a lot warmer and sunnier, at leat is my perception. But weather apart UK is in an island outside the EU. I have children if I go to UK I have to get passports for my children, if is a last-moment decision it's not feasible for me and the majority of Europeans, to get a passport is a big hassle and you need time in advance. But is their money their decision and they would know better.

Last edited:
What Alex said. But also I feel the need to say this, and I can't speak for everyone, but I can assure you there's no animosity towards Spain here. For me personally it's quite the opposite. Dov'è I'amore is my favorite Cher song. I think Maluma is handsome. I eat tacos every Tuesday. I appreciate most things Spanish and I'm sure many users here do. There's no ill will and I hope it doesn't come off as if this forum is anti-Spain because it's simply not true.
Same over here in regards to the US. I mean, kangaroos are my favorite animals, I love Robin Sparkles and specially like fish and chips.

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
If Tomfoolery is indeed right about this UK Universal park being not only real, but being ready to open by the end of the decade, is it possible we could get official confirmation from Universal once Epic is up and running? I would assume that in order to have a park up and running by the end of this decade you would have to break ground around the 2025-2026 timeframe.

It's Universal with a stiff British upper lip. They'll announce it a week before opening.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Weather like in UK wouldn’t be a problem with many indoor attractions and facilities,,
I did bring it up earlier but no one seems to have noticed,

However, it looks like the “super sleuths” did not look closely enough. On Comcast financial reports, you will find a list of all of its subsidiaries and holding company names. On there is NVU - Vegas LLC and FTNV Corp, the one used for buying the Texas land. NVUL Corp is also listed there. If FTNV stands for Frisco Texas New Ventures, I wonder what NVUL stands for,,