Universal Rewards Plus Visa Signature Card coming in 2024 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Rewards Plus Visa Signature Card coming in 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IDK where else to put this (move if necessary) but do APs still not activate until you pass through the turnstiles for the first time after getting? Trying to make decisions on the matter.

I always have the cheapest pass so this is an automatic yes for me just for the 10 percent. If I am reading this right the fee card ticket is a hopper for one day?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They're going too overboard with the solicitation of the new card. You now get a handout at the parking toll.

And the lounge hours are super limited. Missed it twice recently because I went too early and too late.

They're going too overboard with the solicitation of the new card. You now get a handout at the parking toll.
This is a pretty unfortunate first impression to get when coming to the park. You expect this from a 23-year-old with a foldable table on a college campus, not at a world class resort.

Just add that to the list of issues I see with UO’s current management philosophy…
I’d actually argue that service (in terms of friendliness and recovery, at least) are making huge strides at Universal, but that “nickel and dime” feeling hasn’t gone away yet. I don’t want to be barraged with Express Pass advertisements after paying to get into the park. I don’t like trying to look at a digital menu and getting interrupted by an animated Coke ad. And I REALLY hate being harassed by timeshare salesmen when trying to just enjoy a day I already paid for. Add stuff like the first-time parking charge or random little maintenance issues outside of the rides (when’s the last time every parking garage escalator/moving walkway was working, for example?) and I really don’t understand how anyone can definitively say Universal is a better value. If all you’re interested in are rides (of which, maybe only two have really hit in the last 9 years) then totally, but at least the Disney parks respect you and your wallet after you’ve paid to get in.

Seems like they're struggling to get people to sign up... almost like the benefits are quite useless? When I heard about this initially, I was pretty much confident I would sign up... turns out there's no real benefit to it outside getting the card as a collectible. I thought this was going to be tailored to frequent visitors... but APs already receive those benefits.

I'm not entirely against having DVC/Rewards kiosks in parks as long their employees don't shout you down, obnoxious, or taking valuable space away from the general public (aka DVC lounge at Frontierland).

I have a feeling in two years this will be a "remember when Universal tried NFTs and Reward Cards" story.

Surprised to see parks not implement some sort of true reward system that can encourages spending and provides free food/drinks based on spending/random promotions.

Between them and the turnstile surveys, it already has me slightly frustrated by the time I enter the park
I really don't see the need for these surveys. Same with the exit surveys, it's the exact same one sent over email to everybody.

I was definitely planning to do it when it was announced, but as was mentioned - there's not much benefit.

I'm not a credit card rewards expert, but I have to imagine there are small things that Universal could do for these cards that wouldn't cost them much.

Guaranteed ExtendPay perks on package purchases, slightly higher discount than APs, exclusive hotel discounts?

Seems like they're struggling to get people to sign up... almost like the benefits are quite useless? When I heard about this initially, I was pretty much confident I would sign up... turns out there's no real benefit to it outside getting the card as a collectible. I thought this was going to be tailored to frequent visitors... but APs already receive those benefits.

I'm not entirely against having DVC/Rewards kiosks in parks as long their employees don't shout you down, obnoxious, or taking valuable space away from the general public (aka DVC lounge at Frontierland).

I have a feeling in two years this will be a "remember when Universal tried NFTs and Reward Cards" story.

Surprised to see parks not implement some sort of true reward system that can encourages spending and provides free food/drinks based on spending/random promotions.

I really don't see the need for these surveys. Same with the exit surveys, it's the exact same one sent over email to everybody.
I am not one to get store credit cards, but I would have considered this with the right benefits. But I honestly would just never use the card. All of my other cards have more benefits. The few benefits this one had I get with my AP. It wasn't worth it for just a lounge. I honestly didn't know why anyone would get this card and the push for people to sign up is annoying. Makes the parks feel cheap.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I am not one to get store credit cards, but I would have considered this with the right benefits. But I honestly would just never use the card. All of my other cards have more benefits. The few benefits this one had I get with my AP. It wasn't worth it for just a lounge. I honestly didn't know why anyone would get this card and the push for people to sign up is annoying. Makes the parks feel cheap.
You would think a card that provides the opportunity for APs to get an additional 5-10% off their discount would encourage higher spending... it certainly would for me.

They're also pushing a new "promotion" to get 2 Freestyle Cups for the day if you sign up on your way through security.

I wonder if their position at the front of the IOA/USF shops are driving some guests away? The TMs used to approach you to get their attention, but now they just stand and wait for you to contact them first.

There are tangible differences in the responses they’d get from people from the in-person exit surveys and email equivalent, so if they’re chucking all of those answers into the same bucket that’s a pretty big methodology fail.

There are tangible differences in the responses they’d get from people from the in-person exit surveys and email equivalent, so if they’re chucking all of those answers into the same bucket that’s a pretty big methodology fail.
I'm all for surveys/hearing back from guest's experiences... but it's kind of become ridiculous at this point. Entering IOA, you are immediately hit by a survey taker, photographer asking for photos, and then Universal rewards. And that's all before you get to the Cinnabon cart, airbrush stand lol

You would think a card that provides the opportunity for APs to get an additional 5-10% off their discount would encourage higher spending... it certainly would for me.

They're also pushing a new "promotion" to get 2 Freestyle Cups for the day if you sign up on your way through security.

I wonder if their position at the front of the IOA/USF shops are driving some guests away? The TMs used to approach you to get their attention, but now they just stand and wait for you to contact them first.
I agree there needed to be additional % discount over AP. The 2 freestyle cups for one visit wouldn't entice me lol. I just don't want to be approached by people on vacation. It is the biggest complaint I hear about certain islands. I have friends (like myself) that won't get off the cruise ship at certain ports because of this. So why universal thinks approaching people on vacation is a good idea is beyond me. Again, it just seems cheap.

I agree there needed to be additional % discount over AP. The 2 freestyle cups for one visit wouldn't entice me lol. I just don't want to be approached by people on vacation. It is the biggest complaint I hear about certain islands. I have friends (like myself) that won't get off the cruise ship at certain ports because of this. So why universal thinks approaching people on vacation is a good idea is beyond me. Again, it just seems cheap.
Also annoying when the ones trying to sell you timeshares are a 3rd party not related to Universal.

Reactions: belloq87 and IzzyB
I think making this card a good value, or a tantalizing proposition, is tricky. I imagine they want to avoid undercutting annual passholder perks because that's a much more lucrative revenue stream. At the same time, those passholders (or other superfans) are your biggest audience for the card. I've looked into getting the lower tier card as an out-of-towner with no annual passes, because of the cashback on horror nights tickets. But other than that, its utility is pretty limited.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Does anyone actually know what venues accept the 10% discount?

Everything I've read online seems to be that people are confused and even the venues themselves do not know this. I can see the no fee card being of value just for this discount for those who don't already have the right AP, however need to know where it actually is accepted.