Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love seeing so many elements that are so familiar, and just as many that are so foreign. Also fascinating to see existing ideas adapted to different IPs, as well as new concepts that could be adapted to other IPs as part of future development in other Universal parks.

Quite the update released on Themeparx:

Including this stunner!!!
View attachment 13386
I'm liking on how the Hogsmeade/FJ area is is going to look, especially with the meandering trail entrance.

I won't go as far as "lame," but the attraction lineup definitely looks underwhelming (from the perspective of a Universal Orlando fan). I think it's going to be a good park for its audience that has never been to Orlando, but outside of the Jurassic World E-ticket, there doesn't seem to be anything terribly unique about the attractions on offer.

Overall design aesthetics appear very nice, however.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
China is still basically a closed society that doesn't embrace tourism. The park is 99.9999% for provincial Chinese that will probably never visit another Universal park. So it is what it is, a beautiful park
with a nice assortment of proven attractions, and a handful of new ones. It's a fine park for the Chinese nationals, 'perhaps?' even more so than Shanghai Disneyland. Now, Epic Universe (if it still ends up
existing in it's present planned state) is meant to be Universal's bold new direction as an international destination. Beijing is a park being built for a specific market, not the world. It's fine for it's intentions.In
a new market it's probably best to have most of the attractions comprised of those that have a track record of being popular, and run well without issues.

Last edited:
The thing with the video it definitely looks like a greatest hits album. There's nothing wrong with that especially if you're tapping into a market that will never get to see the original rides they're recreating. You don't have to reinvent a wheel if your audience doesn't know what a wheel is.

I'm curious about 2 things: how many actual rides are going to be in here and from a design standpoint, similar to Shanghai DL, it's very wide and open. It looks nice with room for people to breathe.

The thing with the video it definitely looks like a greatest hits album. There's nothing wrong with that especially if you're tapping into a market that will never get to see the original rides they're recreating. You don't have to reinvent a wheel if your audience doesn't know what a wheel is.

I'm curious about 2 things: how many actual rides are going to be in here and from a design standpoint, similar to Shanghai DL, it's very wide and open. It looks nice with room for people to breathe.

So-far..

Transformers will have 3
Potter will have 2
Minion Land will have possibly 3 if they have a Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse clone in the guise of minions
Jurassic World will have 2 (not counting Camp Jurassic)
Kung Fu Panda will have 3 (Carousel, the lantern flat, and the E-Ticket)

Hollywood is the outlier, albeit because of the lack of Fast and Furious from the current plans. In total, the park should have about close to 13-14 attractions at the start, if you include Light's Cameras Action. 16 if you count Sing and Waterworld.

Right. And maybe the Kung Fu Panda ride ends up being the calm dark ride classic the UNI attraction lineup has been missing for a while. But so far the JW E-ticket is the only thing I'd feel like I'd be missing out on

The concept art for the KFP area looks fantastic. I look forward to seeing media coverage of that and JW. (SNW is still what I'm most psyched to see coverage of, of course!)

But yeah, the rest seems like stuff we already have here--that's to be expected of course.

Last edited:
I understand that this is meant to be a greatest hits type park for an introduction into the market...but outside of JW this looks lame.
Lame isn't the word I would use. Familiar is a better word. It actually looks like IOA on steroids. Swap Port of Entry for classic Universal Hollywood. Switch Suess to Minions. MSHI to Transformers. Then add KFP and Waterworks.

It's no secret UOR is Universal's flagship resort. So yeah, Universal's greatest hits with a couple of new offerings. But I do think it is different enough from the other Universal parks in the Asian market.

So is there a plan for Super Nintendo World to come here eventually?

If you’re referring to what I said, I’m just talking about stuff coming next year to Universal parks. Lots of exciting stuff opening in general, our reward for getting through 2020 right?

(I think I’m the only person whose #1 most anticipated is IG. :( )

So is there a plan for Super Nintendo World to come here eventually?
If you’re referring to what I said, I’m just talking about stuff coming next year to Universal parks. Lots of exciting stuff opening in general, our reward for getting through 2020 right?
Nah, I think he is just asking in general.

And to that I have heard yes. They have recently started allowing the Nintendo Switch to be sold in mainland China. But as of now Super Smash Bros. is the only game available. Nintendo has partnered with the Chinese company Tencent.

Last edited: