Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Dubai

Yeah, it is a hotspot now but eventually, which is soon, that hotspot is going to fade. Let Singapore have it's success,and it will. Why can't they go to normal places like Paris or Tokyo? Or maybe one more here in the US...even though that is highly unlikely.

That land is, very sadly, most likely going to be used for apartments. However, the one on the right can be used for an amazing water park. This will mean more parking [maybe just one floor more on top of the garage] and a lengthy transportation system. Ah, maybe a water ride that actually takes you to the water park. :O
Hopefully that land will be available if [and when ;)] I join Universal's Creative Team [a.k.a. my dream job♥]

[And any Latin American country would be great for me, gecko! (soy Venezolano)]

they should just build a new park in florida on the spare ground they have next to IOA or maby a water park :O :lock1::lock1:

Universal all ready owns a water park called Wet n' Wild. It's only about 5 minutes at the most from Universal.

Yes, but maybe closing Wet 'n' Wild and using its slide pieces [and maybe some more] to create a huge and poignantly themed water park, like IOA was to theme parks. :D

Agreed, Korea and Russia will be open before this bad boy.

We all know what happened to Dubailand (UNFORTUNATELY) :saw: and to the major projects that were once announced such as the Universal property I was so excited about!

But now it looks like a Universal Studios property may come to Dubai after all! Below is part of of an article that was posted on December 15 on Theme Park Insider,

Universal are finally set to open an entertainment destination in Dubai, according to reports in the Middle Eastern press.

After years of setbacks Universal will work on a new project revealed by Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum today which will be part of a wider development under the Crown Ruler of Dubai's name.

According to the Gulf News, Universal's part in the new project will be park of a family tourism center with a park capable of handling 35 million yearly visitors and the regions largest leisure and entertainment center.
Theme Park Insider <---Link

I've been waiting for something like this to happen, I think the area really needs this if they want to become a huge destination area! It would be nice to see something fresh for Universal, I'm hoping if plans go through we see something similar thats currently in the works for Shanghai Disneyland (as in the difference level that Shanghai has planned than it's counterparts in the rest of the world.)

What do you think, will we finally see the newest Universal park in Dubai?!

Universal Studios Dubai

Courtesy of Screamscape
www.screamscape.com

New Theme Parks and Resorts - (1/10/13) According to the latest update posted to The Theme Park Guy Construction Board, new layout art released for “Mohammed Bin Rashid City” now shows off what looks very much like the old Universal Studios Dubailand layout as part of this new plan. The image is tiny, and details are almost impossible to make out, but the comparison of this new Universal Studios Dubai project to the old Dubailand one are striking. Could Universal Studios Dubai be back on the development track?

complete-universal-studios-dubailand-model-big.jpg

universal-studios-dubailand-38.jpg

universal-studios-dubailand-37.jpg

.​

It's pretty small and definitely hard to make out detail in that pic, but I don't think I see anything resembling Hogwarts or Harry Potter related. You'd think, with the extreme success of Potter, they'd build it out there too...

It's pretty small and definitely hard to make out detail in that pic, but I don't think I see anything resembling Hogwarts or Harry Potter related. You'd think, with the extreme success of Potter, they'd build it out there too...

I know, I wish we could see something a little more detailed but I think everything is in early planning. In the model it looks like they left a lot of open space for something though! I wish Universal would just plan a mega resort with two parks and a few hotels (basically a new Orlando resort from the ground up only totally new and a different design) and I think Dubai would be a good place for it. I know it will NEVER happen but I can always wish, right?! :p Plus theme parks in the Middle East are risky because there aren't any large ones now to prove feasibility. Not sure Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi is doing very well but I know something like Universal Studios (known to a global audience) could do well. I think Middle Easterners have been very sheltered from parks like these and it just might take one in their backyard to prove it as a popular entertainment choice!

On an interesting note, Disney has been asked many times if a resort will ever come to Dubai and they have mentioned that they have no plans for a park in the area.

Also, I heard a cluster of parks were recently announced near Jebel Ali? (Jebel Ali is in Dubai)

It's funny that these details are surfacing now because today I'm heading to Dubai to work for 3 weeks! If there's any chance I can get near the area, maybe I can snap some pics, but I'm sure it's mostly desert right now. Is this going to be in the same location as the previous Universal Dubai (the one with the arches built)?

It's funny that these details are surfacing now because today I'm heading to Dubai to work for 3 weeks! If there's any chance I can get near the area, maybe I can snap some pics, but I'm sure it's mostly desert right now. Is this going to be in the same location as the previous Universal Dubai (the one with the arches built)?

LUCKY! Please take pictures of the city and post them on the Trip Reports and Planning thread?!

Unfortunately there will be no use in visiting the former site of the Universal property. The only thing they accomplished was digging out the lake and adding a site office. Its been abandoned for years now and the only activity even close to the property is the blowing sand and maybe an occasional tumbleweed! :lol: The new Universal Studios Dubai that is rumored is only in the planning stages, again, and I'm not sure the NEW site has any activity yet at all. If built, they will not utilize the old property as it was a part of Dubailand that is now basically a dead project.

Here are a few pictures of the old site,

universal-studios-dubailand-14.jpg

This is how far they got, courtesy of TheThemeParkGuy Boards.

universal-studios-dubailand-33.jpg

Such a sad site, could've been a great park! Again, courtesy of TheThemeParkGuy Boards.

Call me selfish and greedy, but honestly I hope Universal Dubai never gets off the ground. I'm still jealous of all the cool unique attractions Singapore got! I would prefer they invest more into the US parks.

Call me selfish and greedy, but honestly I hope Universal Dubai never gets off the ground. I'm still jealous of all the cool unique attractions Singapore got! I would prefer they invest more into the US parks.

Considering we are getting the most advanced ride ever, I wouldnt complain.