Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Dubai

By 2011, Dubai's going to quite possibly be the new candidate for Theme Park Capital of the World and knock off longtime champ Orlando. But will there be enough people in the area to support all those parks? If the entire city is really populated by super-rich sultans and princes whose money comes from oil, then it's possible, but do any non-millionaire tourists go there?

I find it interesting how they have a picture of Dueling Dragons, but no mention of it.... and better yet, anybody wonder how the "Jungle Cruise" ride will turn out? No, seriously, there's a ride they call the Jungle Cruise listed on the official website!

ALERT: VERY DUMB QUESTION AHEAD.

Since in the UAE there woman have certian restrictions, would women tourists have to follow these?

Well, assuming that they're the usual Muslim restrictions, and that they're passed as actual laws, it would probably be yes, or at the very least it would be a courtesy to follow them. Is your family going or something? :lol:

Well, assuming that they're the usual Muslim restrictions, and that they're passed as actual laws, it would probably be yes, or at the very least it would be a courtesy to follow them. Is your family going or something? :lol:

lol i wish.

I wouldn't go alone, and it'd be kinda gay going with one guy :lol:

Also here is a little heads up on pricing in Dubai.
Hotels on average are 500 plus a night. Food very expensive and a plane ticket around 1200 round trip. So I don't think Orlando really has much to worry about, also if you think Fla is hot in the summer head to the middle east.

Also here is a little heads up on pricing in Dubai.
Hotels on average are 500 plus a night. Food very expensive and a plane ticket around 1200 round trip. So I don't think Orlando really has much to worry about, also if you think Fla is hot in the summer head to the middle east.

So basically unless I hit the bigtime my butt isn't going to Dubai. :lol:

Even if I could afford to do it, I'm not so sure I'd want to go to the middle-east or where ever that place is. :lol:

I'm planning on going in 2011, I've already talked it over with my parents :thumbs:

Dubai is definitely a site to see in one's life. Just from pictures of the city, I could tell it's going to be awesome.

I still need to hit Singapore though, lol.

I'm planning on going in 2011, I've already talked it over with my parents :thumbs:

Dubai is definitely a site to see in one's life. Just from pictures of the city, I could tell it's going to be awesome.

I still need to hit Singapore though, lol.

Careful of those pirates...

Dubai is definitely a site to see in one's life.

No freaking kidding! I'm looking around online (or more accurately Wikipedia), and there's gonna be some crazy stuff going on in Dubai... 2011 seems like it'll be a great time to go, especially. Save up lots, then splurge it all seems like the way to go. Where do you plan on staying? So far, I personally would want to stay at either that sail hotel or the Atlantis and at least check out the other, but there's still more looking around to do....

Since it seems like you're going, here's an extremely early early 'have an AWESOME trip' from me. :thumbs:

The best coverage on US Dubailand that I've seen is The Theme Park Guy. I heard about the possible new location but I don't know for sure what's going on. Check out US Singapore while you're at it. It's coming along rather nicely.