Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Dubai

This is the latest update I've heard of:

Courtesy of Imre, SSC:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com

Imre said:
19/January/2010

Universal Studios,Dubailand

It seems they wont open in 2010 :)

1qingw.jpg

jqnlut.jpg

2zdyt6t.jpg

55grkk.jpg

308jhb7.jpg

I hope it never gets built, honestly. I never really wanted there to be a Universal there.

Over saturation. See Hong Kong Disneyland. Then when the other parks suffer the ones that are already successful and existing suffer as well. People come from all over the world to the Orlando and California parks. They don't need to 'franchise' and lose focus like Disney has done at times. Hong Kong.....yeah.

Think of it like a great resturant chain that starts sucking in service after it branches out.

Dubai's increased amazing jump in Economy was a flash in the pan. As ours gets better, theirs will go down.

why wouldny u want a park built there i think its a great place better place than the parks getting built in asia imo

Because all the projects are falling through in Dubai and I'm not sure those are the kind of people that I think Universal should be in business with anyway. Yeah, I said it.

Homophobic, mostly, and it's a place with strange laws and is ultimately pretty unsafe.

homophobic, that is understandable. The laws are only strange to strangers to their land :p

I've never been to the middle east or dubai, just playing devil's advocate ;)

homophobic, that is understandable. The laws are only strange to strangers to their land :p

I've never been to the middle east or dubai, just playing devil's advocate ;)

Exactly. With tourists, by definition, all being strangers to the land, I don't think it's the best place for a Universal theme park.

A little bit more info from Screamscape:
It’s not much, but check out the concept art on the wall behind the guy in this photo. I’m told that’s all stuff for the queue for the King Kong themed coaster planned for Universal Studios Dubailand where guests wander around creepy jungle ruins past giant bats and huge slug creatures before they make their way to the coaster itself, which is a copy of Dueling Dragons from Islands of Adventure.

Here is the picture(the Kong queue concept art is on the wall in the background):
239848-0-0-1.jpg

I hope that they don't follow through with this. Like, I REALLY hope they don't. When Dubai's majestic glory falls, so will all of its planned projects. Disney can recover easily from something like this since their pudgy with money, but it'll be harder on Universal :/