Universal Studios Hollywood Hotel | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That would not fit on the Fung Lum plot, especially with the new NBCU campus being built right up against it. The only thing that would fit there is a square tower like the Hilton.

Reactions: Cygnus
Yeah this art is very old, I remember seeing it a long time ago

Some people say 2010 which could make sense, there has to be tons of concepts tucked away like this
It is from the Master Plan approved around 2012/2013, but yes, it is old art.

I’ve always wondered why park fans and the park itself don’t consider the Hilton and Sheraton to be on-site hotels. They are filled with universal stuff (ads, brochures). Hilton is about a 300 foot walk from the hotel doors to the park entrance.

They must be on Universal owned property?

USH is a one park day anyway....besides Universal wanting money its such a waste of the little space they would have to make a hotel.

I hope they never make a hotel...just get one near by and uber

USH is a one park day anyway....besides Universal wanting money its such a waste of the little space they would have to make a hotel.

I hope they never make a hotel...just get one near by and uber

Except the hotel would make them more money than what they'd put on their little space. This may be a shocker, but no matter what they put on any plot, it's there to make them money. A hotel might be the most profitable thing they could build.

Except the hotel would make them more money than what they'd put on their little space. This may be a shocker, but no matter what they put on any plot, it's there to make them money. A hotel might be the most profitable thing they could build.
Could be

but also I can’t see them doing more even if they make more money
One attraction a year, hotel or not

Could be

but also I can’t see them doing more even if they make more money
One attraction a year, hotel or not
Well it seems the reason they seem to be going pretty hard on expansion in this park over the next few years is because they want it to be a major tourist destination for the Olympics. Having their own hotel would make a lot of sense in that context.

If they want to make the kind of money that UO makes, they need their own hotels to generate the high guest spending dollars that come with rooms, meals, drinks etc. Until they take
that step, they're just a day destination type park. They can get decent attendance with cheap AP's , but they don't generate the big bucks per guest. . Once the big money comes, perhaps the
chance for a second park will intensify. It's all about increments.

If they want to make the kind of money that UO makes, they need their own hotels to generate the high guest spending dollars that come with rooms, meals, drinks etc. Until they take
that step, they're just a day destination type park. They can get decent attendance with cheap AP's , but they don't generate the big bucks per guest. . Once the big money comes, perhaps the
chance for a second park will intensify. It's all about increments.
Where? I highly doubt a Hotel is why they can't open a second park its land, without taking the golf course they simply don't have the land to make a second park.

A hotel would generate them tons of money but I see it only going into the pockets of a few people, unless we indeed got a second park or employee's got pay raises which excuse my ignorance but pretty sure Florida employees don't make more then Hollywood.

So since USH doesn't have a second park, the workers wont make more and I doubt any amount of cash flowing in would push them past one big attraction open a year....I see little benefit for anyone besides high ups for and some rich guests.
But hey if the land really can't do much for the theme park or studios and can be a small hotel that generates cash cool but I have zero reasons to push for this hotel because if they ever want a second park anyway my bet is they will no doubt open a hotel with a second park no matter what, regardless if this one opens or not.

Where? I highly doubt a Hotel is why they can't open a second park its land, without taking the golf course they simply don't have the land to make a second park.

Try searching for the NBC Universal or 2nd park threads, it's all been discussed in those and there is the space for a 2nd park if they get creative. Plus if they do end up merging with or buying Warner they could free up more of the lot for theme park(s).

Hotels make money, every amusement park or theme park seems to have them now, even if they don't feel like multi day destinations. Orlando hasn't done any less Theme Park investment just because they spent money on hotels.

Maybe 2028 is the year for a Universal hotel. In theory we could have SNW Phase 1 and 2, F&F, Bourne and something big to either replace simpsons or stretch out the lower lot.
USH have already shown nothing is unachievable if there is the will and money for it.

Try searching for the NBC Universal or 2nd park threads, it's all been discussed in those and there is the space for a 2nd park if they get creative. Plus if they do end up merging with or buying Warner they could free up more of the lot for theme park(s).

Hotels make money, every amusement park or theme park seems to have them now, even if they don't feel like multi day destinations. Orlando hasn't done any less Theme Park investment just because they spent money on hotels.

Maybe 2028 is the year for a Universal hotel. In theory we could have SNW Phase 1 and 2, F&F, Bourne and something big to either replace simpsons or stretch out the lower lot.
USH have already shown nothing is unachievable if there is the will and money for it.

I know we all want a second park but it’s just no where near happening now.
Once again hotel just leads to more money into a few people pockets and until construction on a second park is happening, I see no benefits to the workers or normal guests.

the park will get the same number of attractions regardless of a hotel. USH wants to keep up the great attendance they need to keep pumping up new rides and lands.

trickle down economics isn’t a thing, the hotel is just to boost profits not related at all the making guest or worker experience better so for me I just don’t see a need to push for it like many here want to.

once again of they are building a second park they will also build a hotel with it, so until that happens I just don’t see why a hotel is important

Also....Brian already said these are just rumors nothing more then that. So we are arguing over something that will likely just not happen because of space. And if Epic Universe works out, they buy WB and travel seems back to normal...maybe after the Olympics they give us a new hotel and second theme park and everyone wins

Last edited:
My first choice when visiting UOR is to stay in a Universal on-site hotel, even though there are tons of options in Orlando. UOR does a great job of operating these with Loews so I know it's going to be clean, service will be fantastic, and there's rarely if ever an issue.

I have not opted to stay in the Hilton or Sheraton as I don't have the same affinity for those brands as I do with Universal/Loews. If they owned & operated their own hotel, I would likely stay in it. Funnily enough, when in LA, I normally do prefer to stay in Loews Hollywood Hotel.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Once again hotel just leads to more money into a few people pockets and until construction on a second park is happening, I see no benefits to the workers or normal guests.

the park will get the same number of attractions regardless of a hotel. USH wants to keep up the great attendance they need to keep pumping up new rides and lands.

trickle down economics isn’t a thing, the hotel is just to boost profits not related at all the making guest or worker experience better so for me I just don’t see a need to push for it like many here want to.

once again of they are building a second park they will also build a hotel with it, so until that happens I just don’t see why a hotel is important

Also....Brian already said these are just rumors nothing more then that. So we are arguing over something that will likely just not happen because of space. And if Epic Universe works out, they buy WB and travel seems back to normal...maybe after the Olympics they give us a new hotel and second theme park and everyone wins

Ok I'm tapping out, at least I tried. :bolt:

Ill bite. If the parks suddenly make less money, does investment into attractions go up or down?