Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kinda confused, so instead of having you use the App, SLOP makes you wait in line for a ticket? Then to wait in another line?

Kinda confused, so instead of having you use the App, SLOP makes you wait in line for a ticket? Then to wait in another line?

Right now, it’s listing as “10 Min. Wait or Virtual Line.” So it looks like the queue is open for regular standby right now because, I’m assuming, crowding isn’t a big issue at the moment and people can walk right on as a result, while Uni’s still offering VL for those who want to ride it later in the day; not that they’re making people wait 10 minutes for a virtual ticket.

Right now, it’s listing as “10 Min. Wait or Virtual Line.” So it looks like the queue is open for regular standby right now because, I’m assuming, crowding isn’t a big issue at the moment and people can walk right on as a result, while Uni’s still offering VL for those who want to ride it later in the day; not that they’re making people wait 10 minutes for a virtual ticket.
Ahh cool cool

Saw a Live Streamer in line and was confused on why even have a V line at that point, thanks

So I booked my dad and my sister a reservation for the 17th and he's a silver member. Is he allowed in or should I reschedule for him?

Edit: NVM they're doing that weird bonus day thing.

After being closed for more than a year, Universal Studios Hollywood has officially grand reopened.

Does anyone know how the passes work? I want to buy one but don't know if I buy one right now do i have to wait to activate it at the park? I saw a video from freshly baked saying when you have a pass you can go any date after may 17 reservations will not be required for pass holders. You just show up first come first serve which is a gamble in case they sell out if single day ticket purchases o.o

Just show up early and you shouldn’t have a problem. New pass is activated on first visit. Right now during reservation period thus weekend is sold out for new passes but you can activate it any other day. I don’t think it will be an issue.

Reactions: Squallheart
I was in the oark at 8:40 today. Potter and Hippogriff were open but Pets didn’t open til 9.

What time did Mummy and JW open?

I’m keeping track of the app for my visit this weekend. Right now (6:36 AM PST) the app is showing Despicable Me and Simpsons as opening at 9:00 AM. Probably a glitch, right?

I think JW and Mummy were open at the time. I know usually the lower lot opens later but I think they are trying to spread people out. Jw, Mummy, Transformers and Studio tour all had over 90 wait times all day. I would hit those early and try to get a virtual for pets when available. Potter seems to quiet down later in the day.

as for simpsons and Minions not sure when they will open. Did see a minions team member go into the ride so maybe they are testing. The thing is Pets line is dominating that area so I am not sure how they can open both right now.
What time did Mummy and JW open?

I’m keeping track of the app for my visit this weekend. Right now (6:36 AM PST) the app is showing Despicable Me and Simpsons as opening at 9:00 AM. Probably a glitch, right?

I think JW and Mummy were open at the time. I know usually the lower lot opens later but I think they are trying to spread people out. Jw, Mummy, Transformers and Studio tour all had over 90 wait times all day. I would hit those early and try to get a virtual for pets when available. Potter seems to quiet down later in the day.

Yep! That’s what I’ve observed on the app. I tracked wait times last Saturday and Sunday and have a full breakdown, which I’m going to post after my visit. Just want to test it out for myself first. The 9 AM opening sure does help! Will be able to reduce the wait time for Studio Tour after hitting the Lower Lot.

Also noticed this sign in the Minion queue so it looks like some type of work is going on with the ride.
kyL590B.jpg

Interesting...Earlier this morning Despicable Me, Kung Fu Panda, and Simpsons all showed as “Opening at 9:00 AM” on the app. Now they’re showing as closed.

Is Jurassic World down? It still shows closed at 9:50. Or does it typically open at a later time than the rest of the park?

Is Jurassic World down? It still shows closed at 9:50. Or does it typically open at a later time than the rest of the park?

Yes it was delayed, but is now open with an 80 minute wait. I’ve seen it delayed twice this last week, but I’ve also seen it open before 10 AM. It has also opened right at the parks opening time (9 AM yesterday and 10 AM last weekend). So, if you go to the lower lot before 9 AM opening and it’s running, do it. If not, hit Mummy and check in. If it’s still not running, hit Transformers than for sure wait around for it to open.

Interesting...Earlier this morning Despicable Me, Kung Fu Panda, and Simpsons all showed as “Opening at 9:00 AM” on the app. Now they’re showing as closed.
I heard lots of people not happy with either ride being closed

People were like "wait but the one in florida is open...are they different rides?"

And for Despicable me "whats in there, why is it not open"

So from just walking around heard people confused on why these are closed

I heard lots of people not happy with either ride being closed

People were like "wait but the one in florida is open...are they different rides?"

And for Despicable me "whats in there, why is it not open"

So from just walking around heard people confused on why these are closed

Yeah I feel bad for the average person going to the parks right now. Having paid far too much attention to theme parks reopening, I know those rides aren’t reopening. But does the average guest? Plus, the park changed their hours this week, which I only discovered because I’m paying attention to wait times on the app. And I know how crazy lines have been for JW and Studio Tour. How many average guests are doing this kind of research and preparation? :lol:

Restrictions on some of these attractions are so weird and arbitrary. You can space out parties for sure in all attractions, and staying masked up in the theaters is the biggest safeguard. Hopefully things improve in the upcoming months.