Universal Ticket Information | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Ticket Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 12, 2012
Hey Guys,

I have been following you guys since WWOHP phase I first as a lurker then as a member. Love reading the posts have learnt a lot from you all. I had a question I am looking for tickets to universal, they are quite pricey so a friend suggested buying them from "undercover tourist". I was wondering if anyone has purchased from there or would recommend it. Or if you know of any other site. Also I'm not sure if the tickets are valid till used for the first time. I mean if I got the tickets but for some reason could not use it this year can I still use them maybe next year or 2015. Or do you think with WWOHP phase II universal will introduce new tickets and these won't be valid anymore.

I was trying to purchase and pay for some things in advance just so it would be one less expense if we do come down in Aug end.:smiley:

when are you going?
are you going to park hop?
Are you planning a trip next year?

Join mousesavers and sign up for the newsletter they supply a link to undercovertourist that will save you a extra buck plus the tax $12.55 on the 4 day park to park pass $158.95 no tax
annual power pass $189.99- stack next years vacation and get two vacation out of the one annual pass but it comes with blockout dates
2013 Blockout Dates:

Universal Studios Florida:
March 23 – April 6, 2013
July 1-31, 2013
December 26-31, 2013

Islands of Adventure:
March 23 – April 6, 2013
December 26-31, 2013

I am not sure of a cheaper place to get tickets, because Florida residents generally have the best price anyways. But it looks like even for non-residents you would get better prices from the source if ordered in advance.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/General-Admission.aspx

That is to say purchasing at the gate would be the most expensive. But you can order online at anytime, even that day and pick up at the gate would be advance purchase.

I am not sure of your budget but if you plan on getting Express passes it may be wort it to stay onsite. They are wonderful hotels and include Unlimited Express, and you can walk or boat to the parks.

So check around the official site before making a purchase. https://www.universalorlando.com/

There are also package deals, which may not save money but offer added benefits. You can choose between one of the onsite hotels, or pick a neighboring partner hotel. This would often include 1 hour advanced admission to the park to experience Harry Potter attractions.

Thanks guys. We were planning to come from Aug 31 to Sept 5 - trying to squeeze it between summer school and the next school session. I was looking for park to park tickets at least 4 days. We did want to do the on site hotel still shopping around for the best deal. We have a dog too so one of the Loews properties seemed like a better deal.

Please know that there aren't any major discounted tickets sold anywhere. All of the legitimate ticket companies can only offer the minutest of discounts. Any major discounted tickets are guaranteed a fraud that will not get you into the parks at all. You will be left with nothing but a palm to your forehead.

Now, if you want to get in FREE, make it known on this forum and ask if any employees might be able to help. Ask them to send you a pvt message. Long time members on here have a better chance in that they have a trusted history.

Undercover tourist is a legitimate seller. Their 4 day park to park tickets for adults are $159.95 and that includes tax and shipping. Contrast that with www.universalorlando.com which is the same base price but with taxes and fees it comes to $172.54.

If you are staying for 5 nights and are planning more than 4 days at the parks you will have to either purchase an annual pass or a 3 park unlimited ticket (Universal, IOA and Wet 'n Wild) that will give you 14 consecutive days of admission. It is $179.95 at Undercover Tourist.

Buying tickets at the gate is $20 more expensive for multi-day tickets than buying them online at www.universalorlando.com

Thanks Bobwadd. Thinking of spending 5 nights just want to do UOR not Disney

when are you going?
are you going to park hop?
Are you planning a trip next year?

Join mousesavers and sign up for the newsletter they supply a link to undercovertourist that will save you a extra buck plus the tax $12.55 on the 4 day park to park pass $158.95 no tax
annual power pass $189.99- stack next years vacation and get two vacation out of the one annual pass but it comes with blockout dates
2013 Blockout Dates:

Universal Studios Florida:
March 23 – April 6, 2013
July 1-31, 2013
December 26-31, 2013

Islands of Adventure:
March 23 – April 6, 2013
December 26-31, 2013

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. As wreck already stated, Power Pass might be the way to go. It is what I was thinking :thumbs:

You definitely do NOT want to buy anything at the gate. I recommend checking Uni's official website and comparing their price for the multi-day tickets with Undercover Tourist (which I've never personally tried, but I've heard about it, nothing negative). But if you can't find any better, get tickets online at Uni's website to save some dough. An annual pass may turn out to be your best option, taking into account the fact that you can come and go freely for a whole year, and with Preferred or Premier you also get discounts on food, merchandise, and the BIG one: On-Site hotels! Check out the dates you're looking at, and then check again with the code "APH" :thumbs: (If you also happen to be a Florida resident, you may also be able to get a discount on the On-Site hotels with the code "FLO")

Another important tip, if you have AAA, make sure to check with their Travel department, as they may also be offering specials/discounts on tickets and even on APs :thumbs: For example, right now through April 19th (and must be redeemed by 4/21/13), AAA south has this unbeatable special on APs:

Florida Resident Promotional [PREFERRED] Annual Pass - Adult/Child (ages 3 +)
Retail Price: $224.99
AAA Member Price: $192.99
AAA members save: $32.00

Ticket must be redeemed by April 21, 2013.
No Blockout Dates for Annual Pass.
Parking is Included. One time parking fee upon first visit, then parking is free for all visits thereafter.

---

Florida Resident Promotional Annual Power Pass - Adult/Child (ages 3 +)
Retail Price: $164.99
AAA Member Price: $149.99
AAA members save: $15.00

Ticket must be redeemed by April 21, 2013.
Parking is NOT Included. CityWalk is NOT Included.

Blockout Dates 2013: Jan. 1, March 23 - April 6 (July 1 - July 31 (Universal Studios Only), Dec. 26 - Dec. 31
2014: Jan. 1 and more. Dates are subject to change.

Good luck and let us know what you find! :cheers:

Thanks for the information guys. We are from Michigan so Florida discounts will not apply to us. I am thinking the 4 day Park to Park ticket is the best option. I did look around and found that as Wreck suggested undercover tourist does have the best ticket deal.

Any suggestions for which onsite Hotel is the best if travelling with a pet. Thanks

If staying onsite put APH in code box to see Annual passholder discount
you may save enough to pay for an Annual pass
Royal Pacific is closest to the parking garage (where the kennel is)
Annual pass used to give free kennel (not power pass)
Annual pass also gives free parking but not at hotel 15 dollars a night (again not power pass)
you do not need AP to book with discount you need at check in
so will call it and pickup pass at gate before checking in
plus with pass you get discount on food and merch at park (that will pay the difference if you eat onsite for 4 days)

I think the Loew's resorts let you keep the pet in the room with you, right? Or do you have to put the pet in a kennel during the daytime hours when you're out of the room? True if he's eating at the parks for 4 days the annual pass might save him a bundle on food.

I think the Loew's resorts let you keep the pet in the room with you, right? Or do you have to put the pet in a kennel during the daytime hours when you're out of the room? True if he's eating at the parks for 4 days the annual pass might save him a bundle on food.

Yes, I believe the pet must not be left unattended in the hotel.

Here is more information on the Hotel's pet policy, as well as the Kennel service.
https://www.universalorlando.com/Ho...ion/Hotel-Services-Information.aspx#petpolicy
https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Pet_Agreement_Policy_tcm13-21186.pdf
https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Theme-Park-Services.aspx#kennel