Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Bag Baggage

May 6, 2012
Tampa <---> Orlando
This is obviously the most important topic of all time :lol::

Is Universal ever going to update their gift bags?!?

IMG_1238-min.jpg

As most of us know, the logo for USO was updated in 2016 to better match the movie studios 2012 logo. Slowly we have seen the logo updated throughout the resort(Park Maps, T-Shirts, Resort Signs, Website, etc). Yet, the bags retain the same logo. To me this implies that Universal has some apocalyptic vault filled with thousands or maybe even millions of bags! The bag also screams early 2000's, it features characters who are now less prominent at the park, even though they still have a presence.

Over on the west coast, USH's bags have a better reflection of the parks modern offerings, including the updated logo:

IMG_1236-min.jpg

Orlando's west coast sibling clearly has us beat when it comes to baggage!(Don't get it wrong, I love USH haha)

So how do y'all feel? Is it time for USO to update their bags? Should they remain the same until the end of time? Does this pandemic have me bored out of my mind or am I just crazy? Is this the most unnecessary post in the history of OU/IU?

You decide. I bid you adieu.

P.S. If you made it this far, thank you for reading. You win a fun fact! Spongebob fans rejoice, creator Stephen Hillenburg's name is written on the fine print of every USO gift bag. That man had a huge impact on the world of animation and he is certainly missed.

IMG_1241-min.jpg

View attachment 12958
Ok, I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by these

They have HP exclusive ones ironically

They need a new design for sure

I wouldn't b*tch about them if they weren't used to package every single gift shop purchase at the resort minus HP

I think the bags just remind me of the Blackstone era and give me PTSD

Ok, I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by these
Wow I thought I was the only one who noticed this too haha.

While I wrote the post in a somewhat tongue in cheek manner, comedy is truthful. Its perplexing that the bags still have the same design after all these years!

The only logical explanation is they bought bags in a gigantic bulk! I mean the logo has been changed for four years. Imagine how many bags they have lying around.

I want to get to the bottom of this mystery!

Is it time for USO to update their bags?
Yeah. As much as it would suck to lose Spongebob on the bags, they've been due for a change since Nicktoon Blast closed in 2011 (too soon). Marvel isn't the biggest draw for IOA anymore, especially with Universal's emphasis on Jurassic World and Wizarding World in marketing, and USF has other big properties to sell instead of Shrek (Transformers, Minions, & Simpsons).
Although I wouldn't mind a Spongebob ride in IOA to justify the character's existence on a future bag design.

Does this pandemic have me bored out of my mind or am I just crazy?
1597192631577.png

View attachment 12958

As most of us know, the logo for USO was updated in 2016 to better match the movie studios 2012 logo. Slowly we have seen the logo updated throughout the resort(Park Maps, T-Shirts, Resort Signs, Website, etc). Yet, the bags retain the same logo. To me this implies that Universal has some apocalyptic vault filled with thousands or maybe even millions of bags! The bag also screams early 2000's, it features characters who are now less prominent at the park, even though they still have a presence.

Over on the west coast, USH's bags have a better reflection of the parks modern offerings, including the updated logo:

View attachment 12959

Orlando's west coast sibling clearly has us beat when it comes to baggage!(Don't get it wrong, I love USH haha)

So how do y'all feel? Is it time for USO to update their bags? Should they remain the same until the end of time? Does this pandemic have me bored out of my mind or am I just crazy? Is this the most unnecessary post in the history of OU/IU?

You decide. I bid you adieu.

P.S. If you made it this far, thank you for reading. You win a fun fact! Spongebob fans rejoice, creator Stephen Hillenburg's name is written on the fine print of every USO gift bag. That man had a huge impact on the world of animation and he is certainly missed.

View attachment 12960

2004 copyright with no social media information.

16 years of the same design, almost 6000 days.I wonder how many bags Universal go through a day. 1,000? 10,000? 50,000?

Start multiplying those numbers together and that's a lot of bags.