Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s too bad they couldn’t have allowed for a date to be released for the last showing, it seems this show had many fans.
They always strike a weird balance with nostalgia and fans. On one hand they differentiate themselves from Disney by being willing to overhaul the parks to build new things, but then they lean on nostalgia with the Legacy Store.

They always strike a weird balance with nostalgia and fans. On one hand they differentiate themselves from Disney by being willing to overhaul the parks to build new things, but then they lean on nostalgia with the Legacy Store.
The differentiating factor in them being “willing” to overhaul the parks is because they have to in order to add new things. They only have so much space to work with.

Last edited:
The differentiating factor in them being “willing” to overhaul the parks is because they have to in order to add new things. They only have so much space to work with.
I don't see much difference from Disney although they have a ton more space. Energy became Guardians, Horizon became Space, 20.000 Leagues became New Fantasy Land, Wild ride became princes meet and greet, Lion King became Avatar, Dino coasters became nothing, Car stunt show became Star Wars, Backlot tour became Toy Story, Great movie ride became Mickey, the list goes on.
Only Tron, Sinbad spinner, Lion King and Rat are added new rides just like Kong, Hogwarts Express and in lesser form Transformer and Velocicoaster who replaced arias who where unused for a very long time.

A nighttime parade + new nighttime spectacular is just enough to keep USF relevant for the next few years while not having to build a new ride.

I just hope they include good Universal films that fit well into a show/parade (BTTF) and not just shove whatever Comcast wants to promote.

Reactions: Jwhee
TBH I'd be ok if they got rid of the mist screens and or fix the projection,

The way it was set up for Cinematic they seemed blurry most of the time

That'd be truly stunning if the new show doesn't open until next year. I would think that they'd want to have something ready for HHN this fall.

I don't see much difference from Disney although they have a ton more space. Energy became Guardians, Horizon became Space, 20.000 Leagues became New Fantasy Land, Wild ride became princes meet and greet, Lion King became Avatar, Dino coasters became nothing, Car stunt show became Star Wars, Backlot tour became Toy Story, Great movie ride became Mickey, the list goes on.
Only Tron, Sinbad spinner, Lion King and Rat are added new rides just like Kong, Hogwarts Express and in lesser form Transformer and Velocicoaster who replaced arias who where unused for a very long time.
Only cause I'm nitpicking Wild Ride became Pooh. Snow White became princess meet and greet. :)

Reactions: tielo
I too wish Universal was going to give a shut down notice, but it could have been last minute like with the hurricane shut down of the last show.

When the show returned in November, every showing had an element missing - lower amounts of pyro, missing lights, etc.. The projectors were also in bad shape.

I also hope they give the new show a proper announcement/media event. Cinematic Celebration sort of came to the public eye randomly with no major fanfare and a rushed media event with missing elements.

Minor nitpick, but the show in the app was listed under "Music" and not given its own nighttime/firework label to distinguish it from the other shows.

I really don't think most people look at Universal in that way at this time. At some point they will, but you don't have people camping out hours in advance and wearing fan made outfits for a Universal night time show (except HHN). You don't have people crying because a show is coming or going. It's more of a casual "lets stay and watch the show" than an appointment attraction.

I think EU will change that, but UO really hasn't cracked the code and created a SPECTACULAR yet.

Reactions: OrlLover
One big issue with Universal night shows is that they only use a handful of fireworks, perhaps due to their residential setting with sound issues. But heavy fireworks shows are what brings in the tourist crowds, and without them the shows will always be so so attended.....Myself, I thought the recent show at USF was great quality and I watched it often.

There are a couple of reasons why Universal isn't known for nightly fireworks:
  • Inconsistent schedule
  • Short operating hours
  • Lack of an initial (and in-park) announcement
  • Lack of clarity as to where the show is (so many people watched the show from NY or the Battery Park area, not realizing there was a viewing area)
You can't complain about people not showing up for your nighttime firework shows when you are not consistent or provide them information on it in advance.

If they can somehow create a new nighttime package with a nighttime parade + new show with something truly spectacular (like drones), they can really compete against Disney.

There are a couple of reasons why Universal isn't known for nightly fireworks:
  • Inconsistent schedule
  • Short operating hours
  • Lack of an initial (and in-park) announcement
  • Lack of clarity as to where the show is (so many people watched the show from NY or the Battery Park area, not realizing there was a viewing area)
You can't complain about people not showing up for your nighttime firework shows when you are not consistent or provide them information on it in advance.

If they can somehow create a new nighttime package with a nighttime parade + new show with something truly spectacular (like drones), they can really compete against Disney.
Good post. To reiterate a previous post. On one occasion, I asked numerous employees if there was a showing that night, a clear weather day,and no one knew. Even guest relations said "probably not". But the show did run that evening. And, yes, Universal has returned to their early closings often. With all the on site hotels now, that's a crazy policy. Some nights its an inconsistent 6, 7, 8 or 9 and rarely ever 10 PM. And, of course, crowds will thin out if Universal continues to instill that early closing mindset in their guest's minds, instead of committing to staying open later. Guests stay late at Disney since they have regimented their guests that they'll always be open late, and consistently run a nightshow.

This is not for a drone show. It is for the manned flight team that does inspections. Show drones are autonomous and don’t need pilots or evaluate pilot performance.
Literally mentions at the bottom of the job posting it takes place during 3rd shift.

Unless the show will take place at 4:30AM