Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This project is driving me nuts :lol: the more it grows the more my curiosity grows. I for the life of me can’t figure out what the end result is going to be especially when the platform keeps growing. :popcorn: Hopefully soon we see something that will make sense as to what the plans are.

Considering how much we know about other projects I'm super excited I know nothing about it!

I think that’s the part that intrigues me the most we know details down to elements of theming on other projects but nothing on this one. I am very excited as well and these are very exciting times for us fans with all the projects and expansions. :eat: (I feel like @Mad Dog with all my smilies)

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
T Tracker was there Sat. and commented that it looked temporary. Not that he's an engineer. And appeared algae covered. Hmmmmm

This is really intriguing. I think we can confirm that the show will only be viewed from Central Park now because they are not doing the same thing anywhere else in the lake?

Here's my guess. It is temporary. Think of it as horizontal scaffolding. Easy to stage materials on it for installation. They can pull up sections as needed. Easy peasy. Few divers needed, which are very costly. No fiddling with hanging off a boat. Work is or will mostly be done after hours. Also, you have a stationary physical grid to lay out elements instead of bumbling around in a "fluid" situation. Just a guess but makes sense to me.

This is really intriguing. I think we can confirm that the show will only be viewed from Central Park now because they are not doing the same thing anywhere else in the lake?

Yet. They aren't doing anything on the Wet N Wild Parking lot right now either.

Here's my guess. It is temporary. Think of it as horizontal scaffolding. Easy to stage materials on it for installation. They can pull up sections as needed. Easy peasy. Few divers needed, which are very costly. No fiddling with hanging off a boat. Work is or will mostly be done after hours. Just a guess.

That makes more sense than anything I've come up with. It's either that or using temporary scaffolding as some sort or platform. Which doesn't really make sense to me.

Here's my guess. It is temporary. Think of it as horizontal scaffolding. Easy to stage materials on it for installation. They can pull up sections as needed. Easy peasy. Few divers needed, which are very costly. No fiddling with hanging off a boat. Work is or will mostly be done after hours. Also, you have a stationary physical grid to lay out elements instead of bumbling around in a "fluid" situation. Just a guess but makes sense to me.

I doubt that this is really cheaper - haven't they been paying divers to build this thing and will need to do so again to have it taken down?

Eh. I’m not convinced there will be another viewing location, but who knows. I don’t think there’s any useable space that can be reconfigured like Central Park

Yeah, I'm not convinced they are going to go any farther, I could just see another area that uses the London waterfront, the bridge, Lombards and duffs as the main areas. Probably could work in some sort of paid seating into there that way too. That assumes a one time a night show. If this is a 5 minute show that plays multiple times a night, theres not much of a need.

Yes they have been using Black Water Divers (company name)
And I'm saying this will reduce dive hours, and make intricate elements easy to lay out. Quite possibly a lot of the underwater elements have been installed as the platform has grown

Reactions: Andysol
If the bottom of the lagoon is in fact gunite, then I wonder if they are screwing the legs of the platforms to the floor...

just musing out loud. :)

So instead of having barges for live performers, just build a stage a foot below the water level....I mean a stage for a rock concert often looks to be a bunch of temporary scaffolding holding up a floor.