Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Your first visit to EU.....which order are you doing things?

My plan:

1. MoM ride
2. Monsters E-ticket
3. Monsters Coaster
4. Donkey Kong
5. Mario Kart
6. Yoshi
7. HTTYD Coaster
8. Dueling Coaster

Shows mired in depending on showtimes:

HTTYD Show
Potter Show

Food locations I am most excited for:

1. Toad Cafe
2. French Patisserie (assuming they have one)
3. HTTYD Great Hall

It’ll be hard not to go to Nintendo first, but… I’m going to very strictly avoid spoilers for Monsters and Potter so I plan to do those first.

Reactions: mainejeff
Your first visit to EU.....which order are you doing things?

My plan:

1. MoM ride
2. Monsters E-ticket
3. Monsters Coaster
4. Donkey Kong
5. Mario Kart
6. Yoshi
7. HTTYD Coaster
8. Dueling Coaster

Shows mired in depending on showtimes:

HTTYD Show
Potter Show

Food locations I am most excited for:

1. Toad Cafe
2. French Patisserie (assuming they have one)
3. HTTYD Great Hall

I plan to devote two days at Epic Universe when I first experience it, but assuming I had to try to prioritize for one day without jumping back and forth across the park:

1. Monsters Dark Ride
2. Ministry of Magic
3. Wizarding Show
4. Donkey Kong
5. Mario Kart
6. Yoshi
7. HTTYD Show

The HTTYD and Monsters coasters would be at the end of my one-day priority list at this point. I'd wait in long lines for the other rides if I had to, but I wouldn't for those two (unless there's something mindbending about either of them that I haven't heard yet) if I only had one day.

I am currently debating on a UOR trip in 2024 or just keep saving my money and do a big trip, including a few days for EU fall 2025. I can get park passes with Air Miles Rewards (Canadian rewards program), including park-to-park and multi-day tickets. So getting tickets essentially for "free" helps to keep the budget in tact LOL

I am currently debating on a UOR trip in 2024 or just keep saving my money and do a big trip, including a few days for EU fall 2025. I can get park passes with Air Miles Rewards (Canadian rewards program), including park-to-park and multi-day tickets. So getting tickets essentially for "free" helps to keep the budget in tact LOL
Fall 2025 gets you Epic, for a nice long trip. That would be my choice if funds are somewhat limited.

Just keep in mind that the opening of any new park is going to have several cons if planning to go soon after it opens. One is that crowds are going to be redonkulous. With multi hour waits for almost every ride in the park. If you remember the opening of either of the existing Harry Potter lands, just imagine that times five. Second con is technical issues. No matter how well Universal prepares for an opening, rides will go down. Hagrids probably being the latest example (don't remember Velocicoaster having too many down times). Not to rain on anyones parade, but sometimes it best to expect the worst and be surprised than expect everything to go like clockwork and get disappointed.

Just keep in mind that the opening of any new park is going to have several cons if planning to go soon after it opens. One is that crowds are going to be redonkulous. With multi hour waits for almost every ride in the park. If you remember the opening of either of the existing Harry Potter lands, just imagine that times five. Second con is technical issues. No matter how well Universal prepares for an opening, rides will go down. Hagrids probably being the latest example (don't remember Velocicoaster having too many down times). Not to rain on anyones parade, but sometimes it best to expect the worst and be surprised than expect everything to go like clockwork and get disappointed.

With the exception of the Monsters/Ministry dark rides, I'm really hoping things go better than USF's opening. The majority of the other attractions are relatively simple to Hagrid/Kong/Rise/etc.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
As much as I hate to say it, I don't see any way to open a new park without a Disneyesque reservation system for at least the first few months.

Last thing you want is bad press because your park hit capacity at 9AM with a line of cars still on I-4.

It’ll take till mid 2026/2027 for people to get used to a 3 park Universal vacation where people spend relatively equal time at all 3 parks. 2025/2026, is hopefully, going to be major for Epic Universe and hopefully Universal adds to the other parks to draw the crowds fully back.

I sorta wonder when Universal begins the hype train. We’re just over two years out and still hardly anyone knows about it. There’s also the key thing of this being harder for guests to access (or go into by accident) than the other two parks which I’m curious about

I sorta wonder when Universal begins the hype train. We’re just over two years out and still hardly anyone knows about it. There’s also the key thing of this being harder for guests to access (or go into by accident) than the other two parks which I’m curious about
That's going to be interesting on how it plays out with attendance breakdowns. On one hand you have the present compact resort that's easy to move around. Epic & it's hotels, though close in distance, is far
enough away where it's a totally different animal. Epic is more WDW like than present Universal resort like........Myself, I'm pretty sure I'll continue to stay at one of the present on site hotels with their intimacy next to IOA and USF.
Epic will probably be a bus ride over for us. Doubt if I'll use my car. Once I park at Universal, I don't leave the lot unless I'm doing a day trip to WDW.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I sorta wonder when Universal begins the hype train. We’re just over two years out and still hardly anyone knows about it.
Early next year for a little bit of new info.

Next summer for everything. Every land, most ride names, concept art, interviews, preview center, the whole shebang... Because tickets and vacation packages will be on sale a year out from opening, and you need details to plan a trip.

Early next year for a little bit of new info.

Next summer for everything. Every land, most ride names, concept art, interviews, preview center, the whole shebang... Because tickets and vacation packages will be on sale a year out from opening, and you need details to plan a trip.

I expect hotel info late this year or early next.