Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No one’s seen any medallions arrive yet, no?
Maybe they'll come in late like the announcements yesterday, idk. Lol

Floppy Disk GIF

So I don't know if this is a question with any kind of knowable answer, or if it's too early to even say, but with the last few marketing pushes, is any of this reaching a wider audience beyond hardcore or casual theme park fans? Is that the audience for the current moment, and 2025 is when we start seeing SuperBowl commercials and big billboards in major cities? I'm curious to know how well the marketing effort is going, because despite us being 3 out of 5 lands in to the announcement cycle I feel like it's still kind of a niche interest for most at the moment.

So I don't know if this is a question with any kind of knowable answer, or if it's too early to even say, but with the last few marketing pushes, is any of this reaching a wider audience beyond hardcore or casual theme park fans? Is that the audience for the current moment, and 2025 is when we start seeing SuperBowl commercials and big billboards in major cities? I'm curious to know how well the marketing effort is going, because despite us being 3 out of 5 lands in to the announcement cycle I feel like it's still kind of a niche interest for most at the moment.
I googled this morning out of curiosity and saw the news on Deadline, People, NBC, etc, etc, etc in addition to all the theme park spots...They're definitely trying to get the word out in a big way. Casual folks, everyday vacationers, anyone with an attachment to these properties in general. Given the effort it takes for such a coordinated push, the detail in the site pages and flyover videos, they're looking for big engagement and reach beyond folks who would go looking for info anyway (I think, I'm in prod mktg for tech. we'd put big effort into content that gives us the broadest impact). And for hardcore fans, they've also done outreach to a lot (like, a lot?) of disney-heavy influencers that have been sharing the standard messaging.

Whether or not it's working? I assume it is, otherwise you'd want to adjust your strategy for the remaining launches. We'll know depending on how much of a pain it is when tickets/packages/Helios rooms are released. Anecdotally, I know my dad is excited, and he's not really a Universal person (he loves Hogwarts Express, that's about his speed).

I had a few coworkers today ask me if I heard about Nintendo, because they know I love the parks so much. We discussed it a bit but they didn't hear about the other announcements and thought this was the only one so far, so I had to go back and share with them the previous YouTube videos.

I do tend to see some movie publications mention the Epic Universe announcements, as well.

With the nature of social media you have to look at how many people are sharing things across the board. They post on Facebook users start to tag family or friends and that spreads the news even further.

Go on X/Twitter users are retweeting it to their respective audiences. Instagram it works the same way so a lot of GP can be reached through various channels.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Media and advertising have changed so much the past few years that many of the marketing/advertising venues are not as dominant a force as they once were. It's more of a scattershot effort now since the viewing audience is so fragmented. It's going to be tougher to rate the marketing program since the terrain has changed substantially. And different demographics make use of different venues, so we can't necessarily adequately judge what's happening by what we, as individuals, see and experience. Different venues for different folks.