Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good point. I think because they’re new, they’ll definitely attract people for the first few months. But then I think we could see a reduction in bookings after that. I think there are so many signs pointing to Comcast wanting to get the park open by May, but rumors sure are flying that they won’t do that.

I can see them having difficulty getting a decent number of guests for Stella and Terra 'if' an opening date, due to delays, looks to be late in the summer, or early fall. Even at cut room rates, why would someone stay there unless they were gambling for an earlier than expected soft opening of the park. Personally, I would have zero interest in booking those hotels without an open park. They're too far away from the main campus, when there's rooms galore available in those value/moderate main resort hotels.
They could start picking up convention guests. When large conventions come into town they would be closer than the hotels near Sea World which many convention guests book. Opening when they are will have them open for dance/sports team competition season held in the convention center along with corporate ones. This could keep them going until the park opens.

Whether or not Epic is open, they shouldn't have too much of a problem filling in those hotels if they offer decent rates. Demand for onsite resorts with the Universal branding is strong.

As long as they don't overcomplicate things with the messaging of how this is "technically" outside the main resort campus, they'll be fine.

I completely agree from what I’ve been hearing. That’s why all of the overly cheerful predictions caught me by surprise. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a dropped release/opening date happen due to confidence by a company.
Both the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT had their opening days announced the same day the groundbreaking took place.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Whether or not Epic is open, they shouldn't have too much of a problem filling in those hotels if they offer decent rates. Demand for onsite resorts with the Universal branding is strong.

As long as they don't overcomplicate things with the messaging of how this is "technically" outside the main resort campus, they'll be fine.
Yeah, if they have transportation, it's really no different than staying at dockside/surfside. So you are in the bus 5 more minutes. *shrug*

I might be completely misreading this, so my apologies, but I'm not quite grasping how 2 parks sticking to their early release dates relates to Epic undoing the public-facing "Summer" portion of their "Summer 2025" date.

Going from "Summer 2025" to something like "Opening June 8, 2025" would be a good sign to me.

Going from "Summer 2025" to something like "Opening Spring 2025" would be a great sign to me.

Going from "Summer 2025 to "Opening 2025" insinuates uncertainty to me.

Regardless, my feelings towards the opening have nothing to do with that aspect. Just something I'm surprised people are/were taking as positive.
My thought process was that they might now be thinking Spring, but don’t want to promise something if they don’t end up bringing it to the table. Therefore, take the ‘Summer’ away but don’t state a season so that people don’t count on it being June or July and don’t rule out a trip earlier in the year. Considering how much has been built in such a short time, I just don’t see why it needs more than another year of construction….but then I’m not a site manager

I might be completely misreading this, so my apologies, but I'm not quite grasping how 2 parks sticking to their early release dates relates to Epic undoing the public-facing "Summer" portion of their "Summer 2025" date.

Going from "Summer 2025" to something like "Opening June 8, 2025" would be a good sign to me.

Going from "Summer 2025" to something like "Opening Spring 2025" would be a great sign to me.

Going from "Summer 2025 to "Opening 2025" insinuates uncertainty to me.

Regardless, my feelings towards the opening have nothing to do with that aspect. Just something I'm surprised people are/were taking as positive.
Because someone had posted that no parks had ever announced an opening date far in advance, which was incorrect

My thought process was that they might now be thinking Spring, but don’t want to promise something if they don’t end up bringing it to the table. Therefore, take the ‘Summer’ away but don’t state a season so that people don’t count on it being June or July and don’t rule out a trip earlier in the year. Considering how much has been built in such a short time, I just don’t see why it needs more than another year of construction….but then I’m not a site manager
I just see no reasoning to drop summer if you are opening in Spring. You would just announce an earlier date when you announce the actual opening date and this really doesn't mess with plans since people would be booking in summer and it would be open in summer. If they dropped it is because there is a chance they won't make summer. It isn't a for sure thing, just a chance and they want to make sure the least amount of people saw summer.

Universal Orlando has announced they will open the Universal Epic Universe Preview Center at Universal CityWalk Orlando this June.

Will have characters from the IPs in video screens narrating what their lands would be about? I wonder what Mario would sound like, maybe the same voice actor from the movie last year?

Will have characters from the IPs in video screens narrating what their lands would be about? I wonder what Mario would sound like, maybe the same voice actor from the movie last year?
It wouldn't be Chris Pratt. This land is distinctly the Mario universe from the games, not the movies. As of last year, Kevin Afghani is the current voice of Mario within the games. Given that Mario isn't very talkative within the series, I wouldn't expect them to go this route.